Instant Pot (6qt) Spaghetti


When it comes to spaghetti, I make a mean batch. Cooking spaghetti is a learning curve because I do things a little differently when I am cooking it on the stove. However, this pressure cooker method is quick. I pretty much use the same method on the stove except I cook everything except my cheese and pasta and let it simmer while the noodles cook. Then my cheese is added when I mix everything together, water is added and of course the noodles are cooked beforehand. As my readers know, I do not eat red meat so all of my meat in this dish is turkey (i.e. ground turkey and ground sausage).

Ingredients
1lb of Ground Meat
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 medium Onion, diced
3 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon of Black Pepper 
1 16oz of Spaghetti Noodles
2 14oz cans of diced Tomatoes
2 pkgs of Smoked or Kielbasa Sausage, sliced into rounds
2 24oz jars of Spaghetti Sauce
3 cups of Water (use spaghetti sauce jar)
4 Cups of Cheddar Cheese

Directions
Turn your Instant Pot to Sauté. Add your ground meat, bell peppers, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Cook until meat is browned. Drain if needed.
Turn off the sauté mode on your Instant Pot.

Break your spaghetti noodles into 3s and scatter on top of meat. Add a can of tomatoes and sausages. Pour your sauce on top. Add 3 cups of water (use spaghetti sauce jar). DO NOT MIX.

Lock the lid on your pot, turn the knob to Seal. Push Pressure Cook and set the time for 6 minutes.
Once the timer goes off do a quick release (QR) by switching the knob to Vent. This will release the steam. Once the steam has been released and the valve has dropped, open the pot and add your cheese. Mix your ingredients and close the top on the pot and allow the cheese to melt on warm.

Use this time to warm up some garlic bread, make a side salad or set the table J

Serve and Enjoy!


And...It Is What It Is!


Comments

Popular Posts