As Christmas Says Goodbye, The New Year Says Hi

Well, most of the gifts are gone from under the tree and the rest will remain until January 1st when I have family and friends over for New Years day. I started a New Years gathering about 3 years ago. I’m not sure what made me decide to start cooking for New Years but I remember my grandmother use to cook on New Years day. I invite those closest to me, no associates, no business buddies, just friends and family. I like to start my New Year with good people I plan to have with me throughout the upcoming year, it isn’t just adults it is also the kids. When it comes to my home I am selective about who I invite over or let know where I live. My home is my sanctuary. I don’t have many social gatherings at all. I sometimes will have a birthday BBQ but not often.

I have so much to do to get ready for Sunday. I start my Turkey on Friday with a brine mix for 24 hours then Saturday I am going to smoke it for 12 hours. I also have to clean the house but I have the kids to help with that. I will come behind them and do the final touches. Get the spots they miss like walls, behind the toilet etc. Not to mention I have to do my daughters hair Friday night and take my son to get a hair cut on Saturday morning…smh.

Today is my 1st day back in the gym since Wednesday, I showed up yesterday ready to go and they were closed. I was somewhat disappointed. I could have worked out at home but I just said forget it.

This weekend I got the opportunity to spend some quality time with someone special to me. I am glad I got to spend the time with them that I got to spend.

Overall, I had a nice weekend and holiday break. Four days left in my work week then three off. I need these little mini breaks.

And…It Is What It Is

Comments

Popular Posts