Cabbage w/Smoked Turkey in the Instant Pot Duo



I just got an Instant Pot and I am already in love with this appliance. I quickly discovered that each Instant Pot is different. So I decided to create recipes that are specific to the model that I have for those people who have the same model. If you don't have this model you can still follow the recipes but keep in mind some of your buttons might be a little different. For example in order to make yogurt I noticed a lot of models say hit the yogurt button then hit the adjust button but on my model you just hit the yogurt button twice.

I am sharing with you  the very first recipe that I decided to make in my Instant Pot. My family devoured this cabbage.

Ingredients
1 large Smoked Turkey Leg (or pieces of your choice)
1 head of Cabbage, chopped roughly
1 cup of Water or Broth
1 Red Onion, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tbsp of Sea Salt
1/2 tbsp of Pepper
1/2 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes
1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning

Directions
Add your meat and liquid to the pressure cooker. Lock the lid and make sure the knob is in the sealing position. Push the Pressure Cook button and reduce time to 5 mins. Cook thawed smoked turkey leg with 1 cups of liquid in pressure cooker for 5 mins.
*If turkey leg is frozen. Cook in pressure cooker for 15 mins with 1 cups of liquid.*

Once the timer has gone off, do a quick release by turning the knob to the venting position to vent the steam from pressure cooker. Once the valve has dropped you can unlock your lid.

Remove lid and add remaining ingredients.
Reapply lid and lock. Make sure the knob is back in the sealing position.
Push the Pressure Cook button and set time to 3 mins.

Once the timer has gone off, do a quick release by turning the knob to the venting position to vent the steam from pressure cooker. Once the valve has dropped you can unlock your lid.

Remove lid, mix ingredients and serve.

**Remember smoked turkey is precooked. If you choose to use uncooked meat, you will need to cook it first. I suggest 20-25 minutes with a little salt.**

And...It Is What It Is!


Comments

  1. How many people does this serve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It served my family of 5 with no issues. There was maybe 2 servings left for seconds

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts