I'm Bursting Out of My Skin!!

Why you ask? It has been a month since I decided to join the boxing/kickboxing gym. Well, Tuesday I made a decision to rev up my workout and add more cardio and strength training, I asked the lady who co-owns the gym if she would work out with me on weekends ans she said yes. I am so pumped about this! Its crazy because I’ve never in my life been excited about any kind of workout except walking (which I love to do) but even that never had me this excited, especially one that I know is going to have me in major pain and feeling like I am going to die…lol. But I’ve really reached a new place in my life, a place I’ve wanted to be for a long time. I, at some point want to become a health fanatic. I know that sounds crazy but for me it’s the best way to get out of my unhealthy habits. I remember when I challenged myself February 2007 to not eat beef anymore. Beef was always my fav food, so not eating it was a challenge. Now it’s been almost five years beef free. Taking pork out of my diet wasn’t that hard at all, there were too many alternatives to my fav pork foods like; beef bacon and turkey pepperoni. I still can’t believe it has been almost seven years though…crazy!
I succeed at every challenge put before me and this one will be no different, even if it takes more than one try. So this is my new challenge for a lifetime change. Some may wonder why I am being so extreme by trying to make sugar my enemy but as I mentioned before I had gestational diabetes while pregnant with my son, well most women that develop gestational diabetes develop type II diabetes later on in life. That isn’t a disease I want to have. If I can take control of my life now I can prevent it being controlled by insulin and needles later. I hated pricking my fingers five times a day. I’m so happy I was able to keep my sugar low enough to not be put on insulin. That would have made it that much worse for me.
So my plan is to stay healthy enough to never have to worry about getting diabetes. My grandmother developed diabetes a few years before she died. She was a thin woman so that shows you do not have to be fat in order to get diabetes, so me being thin isn’t going to be good enough. I was thin more than half my life, a little too thin and wasn’t happy. I like having a little something something but not too much something if you get my drift. OK enough rambling. As always I will keep you up to date on my progress. We start next weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts