Jane Carter Review Update


This is and update on the Jane Carter hair products I discussed in a previous blog. I am only reviewing the Scalp Nourishing Serum and the Nourish & Shine I put on my leave outs.

So a quick overview, I got a weave put in at the shop back in June for my birthday, well I had leave outs at the time and they broke off badly. Not only did my leave outs break off but the hair around my perimeter broke off as well. The perimeter broke off due to the braid pattern; the weave put too much weight on my hair causing it to break off. So even though my hair goes down to my bra strap, now it’s only the hair in the middle that is that long, I didn’t really know how to take care on my leave outs back then, I was flat ironing it way too much and wasn’t using a heat protectant, plus my hair wasn’t use to that much heat all the time. So what I did after having that weave taken out, I put micros back in my hair for a couple of months.

When I decided to put a weave in my hair again I knew I would have to change a few things, my braid pattern and how I took care of my leave outs. One thing I can do is grow my hair back and keep it growing. With the last weave I had I started using the Jane Carter all natural products, (I use the Ojon Damage Repair Serum as well). So basically, I rub in the Scalp Nourishing Serum and the Nourish & Shine every couple of days. My leave outs are strong and healthy with no breakage or shedding. They continue to grow back and I could not be happier. With my weave back in June my leave outs would be brittle all the time, but not now, now they are soft. I’m still not sure about the shampoo and conditioner considering I’ve only used them once. I still prefer my Organics Olive Oil shampoo and hair mayonnaise and for when I have braids or a weave the Infusium 23 Leave-in conditioner because it soaks into your braids.

When it came to taking care of my leave outs I took advice from someone who has long healthy hair under their weave including their leave outs. I won’t take advice about my leave outs from someone who doesn’t have healthy leave outs. When it comes to a weave some people are more concerned with their weave hair looking and feeling healthy more than their own hair. But you MUST take care of the hair you have, if you don’t a weave will become a necessity and instead of a choice.

Quick Tip: If you work out or have a job that makes you sweat, keep a scarf on your head during your entire workout. Keep it on until the scarf and your hair is dry. This will keep it straight. Same goes for the shower.

And...It Is What It Is

Comments

Popular Posts