You're Looking A Little Ashy...


I was putting my moisturizer on this morning and thought to myself “I should blog about the importance of moisturizing” (yeah I’m random like that).

Growing up I noticed how young my Grandma looked and looking at my Mom she has a youthful appearance as well. Neither of them has ever looked their age. The reason is they’ve always taken care of their skin. If I told you my Mom’s age and you saw her you wouldn’t believe me. So taking care of my skin is very important.

During this time of year the weather can be harsh on your skin and hair. It is a good idea to keep both moisturized. Today, I will talk about your skin, I may talk about hair another day. I have enough hair posts.

During the day I use Aveeno daily moisturizer on my face. I remember growing up and this little boy would have Vaseline on his face, he would look like a shiny new penny. Vaseline is what they used back in the day. If you have dry skin it is ok to use Vaseline on your face. But if you already have oily skin, it isn’t best to use anything with oil. My skin isn’t oily at all but it isn’t dry either. I’ve been keeping myself moisturized since I can remember. After my Mom told me my skin was dry one day when I was a little girl. I never wanted to hear that again. So, after every shower, every hand wash…etc I lotion up.

A lot of people don’t know this but those people with the oily skin tend to look younger when they get older that oil helps their skin keep a youthful appearance later in age. But it also makes them prone to acne younger in age, so I don’t suggest that you go and slather a bunch of oil on your face and keep it there. A small amount of Vaseline is ok if you have dry rough skin; just make sure you also wash your face daily, preferably twice a day. I also wouldn’t use Vaseline in the summer…not a good look at all, oil and heat don’t mix and sweat makes it worse.

Another product that is good for skin that I use on my son who has eczema is all natural Shea Butter. Not that crap you buy in the store that smells all fruity but the stuff that is hard, ugly in color and stinks. I melt it into oil and oil him up after his bath at night, by the morning the smell is gone. But you can also add your own cocoa butter to it for a better scent. My son’s Dr has said since he was a baby that my son’s eczema is well controlled and his skin look fabulous!

A good moisturizer is always good for your skin, winter, spring, summer and fall. So take care of your skin, male or female. No one should be an ashy mess feeling like an alligators back

Comments

  1. Ombia Derma Review Looking younger and beautiful for years is no more a dream. The great product has been formulated to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts