Full Sew In Install Using Vivica's Wink Hair (Video)

A little history on me and hair:
Some people are like; “Shani wants to be a beautician now” since I started doing videos. No, I’ve been doing hair since I was young. I was French braiding my own hair at age 8 or 9 in beads. I was the kid who did every other kid’s hair in the neighborhood and at summer camp, I did my friends and cousins hair. I even did one of my cousin's hair for her prom. I wanted a daughter so I could do her hair and I taught my cousin how to braid. But...I have never wanted to do hair for a living, it’s always been something I've loved to do but I’ve always just done on the side and made extra cash doing braids and whatnot. I study new techniques and ways to keep hair healthy so I can do my daughter's hair and my own.
If I choose to go to a salon I trust only two people to do my hair. So if you are in Seattle see LaShawn and if you are in Tacoma see Trina. I only let one person do my micros and that’s Awa and she is in Harlem so if you are ever in Harlem see her. She is on 125th & Morningside (yeah I am that picky).
So when I got home Friday my daughter's friend was at my house with her hair wet from being washed, she had conditioner in it. She pulls out a bunch of hair in different styles, colors and lengths and was dead serious about putting it in her head. I looked at the pieces she had and knew there was no way she was walking out of my house with all of that in her head, so I decided I would check out the beauty supply by my house to grab a pack of hair for her friend, since I had the plumber on his way, we also had some hair left over from my daughters last install. I usually go to the B & I for hair (until I found my new online very cheap Remi hair retailer) but I figured I would check them out. The lady showed me a hair by Vivica Fox called Wink. I've used Vivica's Remi hair before (see the review I posted a few months back), it tangles badly but I decided to get this hair anyway for two reasons; 1. It was only $18. 2. Out of the inexpensive quality hair they had it’s the only one that came in black and was yaki.
Initially my daughter was going to do her hair but her friend's hair is so fine and is short in some areas so we were going to have to add some hair and my daughter doesn’t know how to add extensions yet. Plus her friend has been wanting for me to do her hair for a while now after seeing my daughter's hair so I decided I would just do it and let my daughter curl it.
So as with all of my recent hair videos, I recorded the experience, well most of it, my camera died and I had to recharge it. I try to add little details in each video. So if I don’t cover something in one video I will try to cover it in another.
In this video I show how I secure the stitch and I also show how I put on the cap and how I cut the cap. One of these videos I will show how I style the hair. But not yet, that will more than likely be a video of its own.
Well I hope you enjoy this install.
Hair:
12" Vivica's WINK, Human Hair Remi Quality Blend Protein Hair 1B
10" Zury Human Hair 1B/33

Supplies:
Black Mesh Weaving Cap
I used 5 "C" shaped needles to prevent constant threading.
Black Weaving Thread

Music: Journey
By: Dice f/Element of Second Family

And...It Is What It Is

Comments

  1. I just brought this hair today in the curls. I'm not sure if it will last atleast a month and a half with a sew in. I take good care of my weave but this one I'm not fully sure about it. How long did the vivica fox wink hair last? Did it tangle within 3 days etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curly hair generally tangles more than straight hair. The girl who had this hair installed in her head isnt good at taking care of a weave and the straight still lasted a couple of months

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts