2012 Tubing Trip w/the Kids (Video)


I like to do things with my kids that a lot of urban kids just don’t do. I want them to grow up with multiple experiences. I learned how to ski in middle school due to the fact that I went to a primarily white school. My kids will continue to grow up with multiple experiences as well.

So I decided a few weeks ago I would take the kids tubing, we usually go tubing and snowboarding every year. We went later than usual due to my busy weekend schedule. We didn’t get the chance to go snowboarding this year, the kids were a little disappointed about that. I am going to look into investing into season passes next year. We were scheduled for the 3:45-5:45 session, we made it exactly on time.

We took my daughter’s friend with us, she had never been tubing before. I decided I would video tape us on this trip and share our fun time with everyone.

We left the house around 2pm, it was raining when we left the house. There was also a lot of traffic getting there, to make matters worse for some reason I thought I had gone too far and ended up getting off the freeway and turning back around for a few miles. When I realized I had to go further I had to turn back around and go back the direction I was originally going…smh, but we made it on time.

The kids had a blast! Deej (my daughter) kept hitting everyone with snowballs, including the people working there so every time she would go by one of them, she would get blasted with snowballs. It was too funny! We raced each other a few times as well. By the end my son wanted to go down with me, I think he was a little tired.
It rained while we were there, when we got done we were soaked but we all had a changed of clothes.

After tubing we decided to hit up Southcenter mall and do some shopping, I got the kids some shoes and myself as well. They had so many sales at that mall, I left with 5 pairs of shoes for myself. I will talk about that in another blog along with a video of what I got.

Hope you like the video!

And…It Is What It Is

Comments

Popular Posts