An Effective Way to Tightening Your Weave Tracks (Video)

I did this video about two weeks ago but it was so long, I had to edit it and make it half the length it is and haven’t had the time to do so.

This is just a video on a technique I came up with to tighten a weave track to your head. Once your hair has grown out the tracks can be “tightened” to the braid but it won't feel any tighter because the braid is no longer attached to your head.

So I was just sitting around thinking how could I tighten a track to make it seem tight? Then it came to me to create a thread line underneath the braid.

This was important to me because when I had my first install back in June my hair broke off. My hair was hanging on to the braid that was going around my perimeter. Even when I got my weave tightened it still hung there, just pulling at my hair. Tightening the hair to the thread relieves the tension the track is putting on your hair.

The technique is simple; what you do is sew the thread to the beginning of the track, then you guide the thread under the braid(s) and sew the other end of the thread to the end of the track. After that you take the thread and sew the track placing the needle underneath the thread line you created. This causes the hair to be pushed against the head feeling nice and secure.

Quite simple right? I hope you enjoy the video!

And...It is What It Is

Comments

Popular Posts