Ombre Effect on Chocolate Yaki Hair (Video)


I want to start off by saying my daughter has acheived about 6 inches of growth since August!

So it was time to do my daughter’s hair over and she wanted to have an ombre effect. I didn’t do a full install video because I have quite a few. There was nothing done differently with this install from any others. I pointed out a few things but for the most part it was my typical install.
I ordered the Chocolate Human Yaki hair online. I heard good reviews on this hair and I heard good reviews on another hair they carry so I ordered both of them (one for my next install), I think I am going to order another pack for myself tho, but anyway back to my daughter’s hair.

The hair felt nice and soft, it wasn’t expensive for two packs I paid $55.00. I ordered a 12 inch and a 14 inch, both in color 1B.

OK so, what is an ombre effect? It is a gradient effect in your hair. So your hair goes from dark to light or vice versa. I’ve seen tons of videos on YouTube about how to achieve this effect I took bits and pieces of each that I liked that I felt would be helpful to me then I did my norm and added a Shani twist. But one person on YouTube named UniQueLeeMade took it a step further and showed everything she used to keep the color and enhance the color and why she used it, so I used the same products for my daughter.

I had some trials with the developer but I finally got it to a consistency that I felt was good for me. I mixed one packet of the Clairol Kaleidocolors Blue pack (Kaleidocolors comes in purple, blue and neutral) with the Clairol Soy Developer #30, I had to play with this until it was right, it was just too thick at first. I colored her tips in the back where her hair was longer and let it sit for about 5 minutes then I moved up with the bleach adding some of the shorter hair this time, then about 5 minutes later I moved up some more but this time I wasn’t as neat, I didn’t want a uniform line of color going across her head so I kind of went up just a little in certain spots. I then went back through with the extra bleach and put it all through the bleached sections to make sure all of it was covered underneath. I separated her hair into four sections and wrapped foil around each section then rolled them up and placed a bag over her hear for about 45 mins to an hour. I then unwrapped the foil, which was warm :-/ and rinse her hair, I only rinsed the weave hair since I did not get any bleach in her actual hair. After rinsing her hair, once the water was clear, I used the Shimmering Lights Shampoo for Blonde and Silver hair. I washed twice the first time I just washed it and the 2nd time we let it sit for 5 mins. After rinsing her hair I put in the Ion After Color Treatment for 5 mins and rinsed. I then put conditioner on her hair and put a bag on it and allowed it to sit for a couple hours, this was to prevent her hair from drying out due to the bleach. After her hair was washed and blow dried she flat ironed her hair in small sections to straighten it and keep it from tangling. Her ends were a little dry so I added some Argon Oil to them, I then cut and curled it. I got a really good tip to add a little oil to the bleach. I will try that next time.

I love how it turned out and so does she! I hope you enjoy the video below!

And…It Is What It Is


Comments

  1. yaki Human Hair is silky smooth and blends well with natural hair, and Yaki Weave is hair extension for weaving that is made of 100 percent human hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts