One Step at a Time



Sometimes you have to approach your changes piece by piece, you have to get a handle on one thing then add another.

When it comes to weight loss you have to set your mind into the correct position. Because weight loss is mental its important to make sure you are mentally prepared for the challenges you are about to face, if your mind isn't in the right place you will fail.

I have been working on making changes to my health since 2004 when I took pork out of my diet, after that it was a gradual process over the years removing some foods and adding others, I stopped eating beef in 2007.

Even if you aren't ready to change your eating habits I suggest that you start to become more active or vice versa, if you aren’t ready to become more active change your eating habits, but do one and stay consistent. Introduce the other when you’re ready so you aren’t always starting from the bottom having to work your way up completely every time; that can be very overwhelming and feel like an overload.

When you prepare yourself to make a lifestyle change you have to do it smart, never take on more than you can handle. Handle what you can and as you become stronger add more, before you know it you’re a completely different person and the person who once thought they couldn’t do is a far distant memory.

And...It Is What It Is!!

Comments

  1. So true!!! I must say I go back and forth. I need to stay consistent, thats my downfall. I am going to make sure I do it. I am challenging myself to do it not 30 days but 45 days and keep at it no matter what. I know I can. Once I get to the size I like I stop. I learned that its not good to stop you have to continue to work at it. Its a Life style change. Shani you inspire me more than you know it. Keep up the good work. Now I am going to really blog my life style change. Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that you may fall, but you just have to pick up and get back on the horse, I track back from time to time but I don’t give up, I can’t. I’m not where I want to be but one day I will get there and I will look back and remember the journey it took to get me there and you will do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts