Laser Hair Removal


A couple of years ago I had a full face wax for the first time ever after that my cheeks began to break out. Unfortunately when my cheeks break out I get dark marks but of course now I have to have my face waxed; it’s been a vicious cycle. 

In September I decided to try out laser hair removal; so far I've had my upper lip done twice and my chin once. We wanted to see how the lip would go before moving on to other parts of my face. My treatments are six weeks apart. Once my upper lip and chin are done I will move to my side burn/cheek area, I have no intention on having my eyebrows done, I’m too picky when it come to them and I literally only do a clean up on them so I will continue to wax them. However, I do intend on having my underarms, bikini area and legs done some time in the future, it would be nice to never have to shave ever again or at lease a few years.

One thing I have noticed is that the hair grows back a lot slower so the lower the hair is when you have the laser treatment the better, plus there’s a burnt hair smell that I can do without; my personal recommendation would be to use a hair removal cream instead of shaving right before your treatment, its gets rid of the hair a lot closer. Do not wax before the treatment the treatment won’t work since waxing removes the hair at the root and the laser needs the hair to be in existence in order to kill it. If you have light hair it has been suggested that you dye the hair darker so that the laser can detect it.

You will be happy to know that for me, it didn’t hurt and it only lasted about one minute per treatment, I actually asked for the nurse to go over my lip twice the second time around at a higher voltage.

The photos above are both taken about two weeks after the first and second treatments.

And…It Is What It Is!
 

Comments

Popular Posts