2014 - My Reflections, My Confession, My Reality


As I sit back and reflect on 2014, I think about everything that has taken place in my life and how it has changed so much. This may be one of the most real and open blog posts I’ve posted since 2010.
2014 was a year I spent really reevaluating my life and getting to know myself all over again; I spent a lot of time alone in 2014. That time allowed me to really dig deeply into myself and make a lot of necessary changes. I found myself wanting more, more out of my life, more out of love; I never shared this but 2013 was a hell of a year, I won’t go into what I went through but just know it shaped 2014 for me.

I’ve always been stuck on only showing the best side of me; the best photos, the perfect look. In 2014 I decided that I would share my workout journey even more, I would focus on encouraging others by showing them me in action, even looking a hot sweaty mess. I would let them see me on days when I didn’t want to work out and I shared my bad habits and revealed my struggle with fitness. By doing so I have encouraged hundreds of people to continue or start their own health and fitness journey.

I made a few big changes in 2014; my first big change was deciding to leave my job. It was stressing me out and I was extremely unhappy and felt like there was no future for me to grow there so I made a decision to look for a better job. I was blessed to find a job that I feel meets my financial expectations as well as allows me the opportunity to grow, not so much grow within the company but with experience. I am a lot happier and stress free.
I decided to file for divorce from my then husband. This decision came after evaluating my situation and talking to my children. My divorced finalized in June of 2014. My ex-husband and I are on good terms now and I am content with my decision; I have found the peace that I did not have in 2013. I won’t go into detail about why I made this decision after being married for such a short period of time but I can honestly say that I have no regrets about getting married and I am grateful for the experience.
I went back to school. I have been wanting to go back to school since 2011, I originally planned to go back to school in 2012 but so much took place in my life that going back wasn’t that easy; when I made the decision to leave my job I decided that I wanted a degree to accompany my experience so that no one can come along one day and say “you aren’t qualified for this job because you don’t have a degree in this field, therefore we are demoting you” which I saw happen to people at my last job. I am happy that I didn’t go back to school in 2012 because my focus has changed. My original plan was to go back to school for a B.S. in Marketing Management. I decided that since I have been in the healthcare field since 1998 that it would be in my best interest to go back to school for both a B.S. in Business Management and B.S. in Marketing Management then finish with my MBA in Healthcare Management. I feel like this will best allow me to accomplish all of my educational and career goals. I have a long road ahead of me but I am more than prepared.

A few chapters were opened while others were closed, though 2014 has come to a close I am still writing my book and 2015 will have its own story to tell. I have met a lot of people this past year and not everyone made it, but I will say this; 2015 has already shown lots of promise and I am looking forward to seeing just how much. Who knows, maybe I will have something interesting to share but regardless of whether or not you find interest in my story, I hope it leaves you inspired.


And It Is What It Is....Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts