Happy Holidays

Now that the holidays are over I have time to reflect on everything before I head back to school and work.

Christmas was great and everyone loved their Tiered Tabletop Storage Towers I made them. However, my mom initially had no idea what it was for, so I went upstairs to her main bathroom, rummaged through her unorganized basket of makeup and placed items into the storage drawers; then she was thoroughly pleased with it. I absolutely love mines and I am happy I made them,  I also made one for my cousin. I noticed that the dollar store is still carrying the storage containers so if you want to make one of your own the items are still available for you to do so.

Christmas Eve we had the pleasure of going to a Seahawks game, even though they loss. Afterwards we joined the family at my cousins for a party and exchanged gifts. Christmas day we opened our gifts then headed out to my mom's for more gifts and some dinner. I must confess, I did not decorate for Christmas this year; no stockings, no lights, and no tree. I know, I know, Im terrible; but I did  give out 30 Christmas cards. My daughter came into town but she only stayed a week she got there the Wednesday before Christmas and was gone by Tuesday.

For New Year's Eve we joined some friends at their house and had a lot of fun playing games, drinking liquor and just having a good time. I must say it felt good getting out on New Year's Eve. I usually stay in the house and this was the first New Year's Eve in 6 years that I was social.
On New Year's Day I had planned to make a nice dinner however I was not feeling very great after partying so hard on New Year's Eve so we had pho for lunch. I ended up making some Chicken Cheesesteak Sliders for dinner and everyone was pleased. My love and I decided to smoke the Cornish hens that we were supposed to have for New Years Day dinner and just eat the meal today, January 2nd. So we made a brine recipe for the hens and will smoke them later today.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts