Birthday Party Success


I had my party this weekend and I must say it was a success. It is always good to be surrounded by friends and family. I got to see one of my God Sons (out of 3) that I have not seen in many many years. I am very happy he came; he has grown to be a great young man. He got along with the family perfectly, like he has been there all along. I did not get many photos but I did get one of us together. I was running around so much that I was not able to get pictures of the set up. I did get a couple of pictures of a few of the guests and that’s pretty much it. I believe the last group of people left around 1. My best friend came to town like every year; it’s always good to see him

The weather was not what I expected it to be but that's okay; good thing I have a large porch and a lot of room inside my home. I had four tiki torches that blazed all day and night and in the evening lit up the yard. I also had glowing balls that lit up the porch. 

There was a lot to be done but I did have some help. I pretty much kept the menu the same. I added a couple things, I may have removed a few as well and I had a sweets bar. I made my Jungle Juice which was nicknamed Gemini juice. I think I'll keep that name from here on out, it was definitely a smash hit. I called myself cutting the recipe in half and had way too much, too much for the container I put it in…lol. I was forced to switch up the recipe due to some of the products no longer being available plus, I just wanted to make it a little different but I am glad I did. Aside from the “Gemini Juice”, I made a non-alcoholic juice that consisted of Red Hawaiian Punch and Sparkling Lemonade, I also had Beer, Sodas and Water available.

I did not have to do too much cooking which alleviated a lot of the stress. I prepared the meat & pepper mix for the chicken sliders the night before and I made the veggie kabobs and the fruit kabobs the night before as well. The chicken kabobs were pre-cooked and they just needed to be warmed up. As always my chicken Philly sliders disappeared almost immediately as well as the shrimp spring rolls. Another favorite was the grilled teriyaki chicken.

Final Menu
Shrimp Spring Rolls
Chicken Philly Sliders
Grilled Barbecue Wings
Grilled Teriyaki Wings
Grilled Chicken Skewers
Grilled Veggie Kabobs
My Mamas Meatballs
Cilantro Lime Jasmine Rice
Seven Layer Dip
Cheesy Chicken Dip
Fruit Kabobs
Salad
Chips (4 different kinds)
1 Dozen Pineapple Upside-down Rum Cupcakes
1 Dozen Pineapple Upside-down Regular Cupcakes
Sweets Bar

And…It Is What It Is!


Comments

Popular Posts