A Day at Mt Hood Adventure Park


A few months ago I was on Facebook and I saw a video that talked about an Adventure Park at Mount Hood. Usually Mount Hood is a ski resort and they have night tubing and things like that; but in the summer it turns into an Adventure Park. The area is called the Mount Hood Ski Bowl and I really wanted to go for my birthday. However, they were not open on my birthday. They actually opened that weekend but I was having the barbecue, so we didn't go. After that and throughout the summer I was pretty much busy doing other things. However, the park was always on my mind and I really wanted to try it out. So, once summer quarter ended I wanted to get away and take a day trip up to Oregon and check out the Adventure Park. The drive is about three to three-and-a-half hours and it's about 42 miles outside of Portland in the mountain.

My son and my best friend accompanied me. We ended up staying out late the night before, hanging out with friends at their home for the Mayweather vs McGregor fight, so instead of leaving at 8 a.m. like I wanted to do, we did not actually leave until 10 a.m. we got there around 1:30 and we purchased a day pass which includes three of the five premium attractions: Free fall Bungee Tower, 800' long Zip lines, Indy Race Karts, Sprint Karts, Tree Top Tour and the Rapid Riser; everything else is unlimited and you can add the other premium attractions at a discounted price. The first ride we decided to go on was the slide which is located on the West side of the resort; everything is located on the east. In order to get on the slide you have to ride the ski lifts up the mountain then it lets you off and they give you a little sled that has a handle on it and it allows you to go faster slow. There’s an advance side and a newbie side, my some and I chose the advance side while the bestie chose the newbie side. Once you’re on, you just fly down the mountain 1/2 Mile. After that adventure, we got on a shuttle bus which was free and headed over to the east area where everything else was. I chose zip lining, bungee jumping, and Indy go-karting. My son did the bungee jump twice and he went zip-lining, while the bestie rode the Indy cars 3 times.

Let me tell you about my bungee jumping experience; so, I finish the zip line it was fun, I even let go and let my body just hang there.  However, once I got to the bungee jump it took ridiculously long to even be able to go up to the platform. Once you get up there you were waiting once again and of course you have to wait even more for people to build up the nerve to actually jump. So while I'm up there I'm waiting my son goes, everybody goes, except for a few people. Once it’s my turn to go and I pretty much have a panic attack. My heart is going twice as normal pace and I was like, “nope I can’t do this, I'm going to let these three people go first; then I will try.” So those three people fly over the edge and now I’m like “ok I have to do this” I was literally the very last person to go. So I decided to just close my eyes and allowed myself to fall over the edge holding on to the yellow bag for dear like. My stomach dropped as if I was on the steepest roller coaster you had ever been on and every time it would bounce back up and back down my stomach would do the same thing. Eventually they let you down slowly and you land on to this big huge air blown pad. It's really tall so you never hit the ground at all; you're nowhere near the ground. But it really took a lot for me to do this because I do not like edges at all. I can stand on something I can look down, I don't mind height; but the moment I'm looking over the edge, my heart rate goes up higher and it becomes a problem. So after feeling like I had died and came back to life a few times, I decided to go on my next little adventure and did the race car track which of course I won; I'm great when it comes to driving cars. After we finished up our premium adventures, we decided to check out some of the other adventures that were available at the park.

The line for the Bungee and all of that was so long that it really kind of prolonged everything else we were trying to do so we actually stayed at the park until they closed which was 7 p.m. and then we took the shuttle back to the west side and drove back to Washington. Overall, it was a really fun trip we had a ton of fun.

There's so much more to do at the park that we didn't get a chance to do everything because we didn't go early enough but we will probably go back next summer. It opens around late June and it ends in September. Except for in the month of September it's only open on weekends.

If you enjoy Adventure and you want something different to do with your family I would really suggest checking out the Mount Hood Ski Bowl Adventure Park.
Here is a list of everything for you and the family to do:
Adventure Park Activities
- Alpine Slide
- Amaze'n Maze
- Aqua Rollers
- Batting Cages
- Bungee Jump
- Bungee Trampoline
- Disc Golf
- Horseback & Pony Rides
- Interpretive Trails
- Jacob's Ladder
- Kid's Play Zone
- Kiddy Karts
- Malibu Raceway
- Miniature Golf
- Mountain Bike Park
- Reverse Bungee
- Rock Wall
- Scenic Sky Chair
- Summer Tube Hill
- Tree Top Action Zone
- Volleyball & Badminton
- Zip Line

Mountain Bike Park
- Freeride Bike Park
- Mt Bike Skill Park
- Mt Bike Prices & Rentals
- Mountain Bike Racing
- Mountain Bike Tours


And it is what it is!

Comments

Popular Posts