My Quick Trip to Ensenada Mexico


The past few months have been stressful for me between school work and everything else; I have had a lot on my plate. I did not really take any time to myself this year. I told myself a couple of times I was going to go out of town, but I really did not go anywhere. So, I decided that I would take a really quick cruise after Fall quarter was over. So, my son and I took a quick cruise down to Ensenada Mexico.

We had a 6 a.m. flight to San Jose with a connecting flight to Los Angeles. I liked the crew on both of these flights. During, the flight going to San Jose, the crew was kind of sassy and on the flight going into Los Angeles the crew was kind of quirky and fun; they were dressed in their holiday spirit gear. One of the stewards had on a pair of huge dumbo looking elf ears and a light up sweater and even though the flight with 45 minutes they made sure everyone on the plane received beverages and snacks. After we arrived in Los Angeles we took a shuttle to the Port of Long Beach to get on the boat. We got there earlier than we expected but we were still able to check in early. However, our rooms weren't ready until 1:30pm so we just hung out in the hallway and waited, since we had our bags with us. 

For some reason I just felt really nauseous on the plane and on the boat; I had a bad case of motion sickness. Whenever I was not on the plane or on the boat I felt fine. The fact that I never went to sleep the night before made it even worse. So as soon as we were settled into our room I pretty much laid down and took a nap. The next day we arrived in Ensenada and we decided to walk around a little bit; there wasn't a whole heck of a lot to do out there. As expected there were a lot of Street Vendors selling different things and so I decided to buy a couple of bracelets with our names on them. I ended up getting one for both my son and I. Then I put in an order for my mom and Ko. Later another guy came around and I got a key chain made for my daughter. We decided to take a tour at a tequila factory; I found this to be quite interesting and the tour ended with six shots of different types of tequila. I decided to go ahead and buy a gift pack and a bottle. After that we went across the street where they have fresh raw tostadas and Ceviche and it was absolutely amazing. 

We headed back to the ship and I bought some churros and my son wanted some Mexican candy.

When we got back to the ship I intended to check out the comedy show and just enjoy the nightlife; however, I ended up getting sick so my night was pretty much ruined. Around 2 a.m. I decided I would go roam around the ship and grab some food. On my way back to the room I hear a couple on my floor having the loudest argument ever about which one of them are cheating and with who. At one point the guy told the lady that she was too loud and she shouted that she did not care. The whole thing was actually kind of funny and since they were way down the other end of the hall from us and I was not able to hear them from my room, I minded my business and went back to my room. But I feel sorry for whoever was sleeping in the rooms around them.

The next day it was time to leave so we debarked and took the shuttle back to the airport. Unfortunately, our flight did not leave until 6:30 p.m. so we had to wait in the airport for 8 hours until it was time to board our flight. The airline does not allow you to check in your bags until 4 hours before your flight time so we had to wait in the lobby for the first 4 hours until we could check in our bags then we were able to head over to the gate. There, we were able to hang out at a restaurant and have some food. We were able to kill an hour or so and then we spent the rest of the time at the gate waiting to board our plane. 

The flight made a stop in Oakland; but we were able to stay on the same plane. I did not like the flight crew from that flight. They were kind of rude, extremely slow and they did not seem very interested in their job. The first half of the flight was an hour and they were not able to serve the entire plane beverages or snacks. Fortunately for me, I was sleep for that half and did not even notice. However, my son was not happy about the fact that he did not get anything to drink.

Overall it was good to get out of the cold and rain and into some warmer weather. Enjoy a few photos below!

And...It Is What It Is!


 

 


Comments

Popular Posts