Refurbished Coffee Table


When I ordered my couch I had no idea that it did not come with the ottoman. I remember saying I did not want another ottoman, but I liked the couch so I was just going to deal with it. However, I soon found out it didn't come with the ottoman and I was going to have to look for a coffee table. I began looking for something grey to match the rest of the furniture and I wasn't going to pay for a glass top table because my kids aren't the best around glass. However, on a trip to the Goodwill, I came across a coffee table with a metal base and glass top. The metal base was rusty as if maybe it was used as an outside table or maybe it had been kept in someone's basement or garage for a while. I liked the decorative details and the glass top was in good condition; the table just needed a really good cleaning.

I sat the table on top of a table in my backyard, this was my workspace. To remove the rust and prepare the surface to be painted, I went over the table with a wire brush then with a sanding sponge until it was smooth. I then wiped it down with water and a sponge. I ran over with a paper towel to remove any excess water and let it dry.

Once it was completely dry I spray painted the entire table using Krylon Fusion All-In-One Satin Dark Metal Metallic Spray Paint and Primer in One; the same paint I used on my dining room chair legs. I sprayed 3 coats and allowed the table to dry. Once complete, I added a few clear rubber tabs to the bottom of the legs and the top where the glass sits on top of the metal base. I then cleaned the glass top and placed it back on top of the table and it was done.

I definitely love the results.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts