New Years Day


I don't always post on the weekends but I had to speak on my New Years Day!
I had the most wonderful sleep deprived day ever! I woke up in a good groggy mood and of course I went to bed late the night before due to New Years Eve partying. I took my turkey out of the cooler (because I had been brine it for 17 hours) and placed it on the smoker. After talking to my mom it had been decided that 4 bunches of greens wouldn't be enough since we had invited more family and friends to our little gathering, so I picked up 6 more. I browned my turkey necks and onions in a big pot then added the greens and water along with some special seasonings and garlic. I let them cook for 3 hours. I then took my turkey off the smoker and put it in the Roaster for 1 hour. Then it was off to mommy's house to finish my meal.
My cousins came over and my home chicklet Ny as well as my mommy's friend/my son's godmom Kari. Boy that food was off the hook! I can definitely throw down in the kitchen. Here's the menu we enjoyed:
Smoked Turkey
Greens w/Turkey Necks
Corn bread w/corn inside served w/homemade Honey Butter
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
Baked Chicken Thighs
Warm Apple Pie w/Breyers Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
and Sparkling Cider...mmmmm

We looked at old photos of the fam and went over what photos of my aunt would go on the back of the obituary (see previous post). Afterwards I went by my friend's to drop off a plate. Then back to my mom's and watched some movies with Mom & the kids before I met up with Mr. Sandman. Overall it was a great day with fam and friends, exactly how I wanted to start my new year.

Comments

Popular Posts