Can We Keep the Hood Home?!

Not every woman was raised to be a lady. But who says we can’t all be women?



In what book did it say being raised in the “hood” or not attending the best schools means your woman pass has been revoked?


Last week I decided to support a local talent night a friend of mines puts on every week. When I got inside there was a decent crowd and an act on stage. I sat down in an area that didn’t have many other people in my close vicinity. So, I am sitting there minding my business when this female decides to walk past me and bumps into my arm. She proceeds to continue walking without the decency to say excuse me. This bothers me but I choose to keep the peace. When she decides to walk back by I gave her a look that told her bumping me again would not be in her best interest.


So now time goes by and another act is on stage and it’s a “rapper” he does a song and there is a group of females whom I assume don’t like the music too much so they begin to boo. Meanwhile there is another group of people who are cheering so this guy does another song. Well next thing I know after his act is over the females become rowdy and begin to argue with another fellow. Here they all are ready to come to blows inside of this venue. I sit there shaking my head in disgust. So after a few minutes the rowdy people are calmed down and it’s back to ignorance  business as usual.


This display was enough to entice me to go home.


Females today have no sense of how to be a woman, how to act appropriate in public. I say females because that’s the only thing they have in common with real women. There is nothing wrong with carrying yourself with a sense of decency. Why some people find that so hard to do is beyond my imagination. We all have moments that may take us out of our zone but when your ignorant behavior is a way a life; somewhere along the road to adulthood common sense was left out of the equation for a lot of females in today’s society.

Comments

Popular Posts