Back on Track: Day 2

I’ve decided to call this challenge Back on Track. I love challenging myself, the harder the better. That which makes me feel weak I need to conquer in order to feel stronger. This has been my weakness. I have loved sweets since I was a kid. I remember being pregnant with my son and being told I had Gestational Diabetes; I did everything perfect so I wouldn’t have to be on insulin. I had developed such great eating habits that I immediately went back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. By my 6-week check up it was like I never had a baby. It wasn’t until I went back to work that I began to pack on the pounds. Then I got right and lost them again. But bad habits came back when I got back into promotion a few years ago. And the yo-yo began.
Its crazy how one can know so much about healthier living and still not do it...smh!



Anywho that’s why I am here challenging myself. Sooo that being said I have a little something to share with you all.


The first thing is the National Body Challenge I want you all to sign up here: http://health.discovery.com/national-body-challenge/national-body-challenge.html


So yesterday's meals consisted of:
Breakfast: Veggie scramble w/wheat toast
Morning Snack: None :-(
Lunch: Mixed Greens topped w/salmon, red onions, grapes & balsamic vinegar
Mid-Day Snack: Fruit snacks & Pumpkin seeds
Dinner: Salmon Burger on sourdough w/Caesar salad
Evening Snack: None :-(


So to recap on yesterday: I did well but it’s good to have that mid morning snack, it helps your body’s metabolism. The goal is 6 small meals a day. An evening snack isn’t necessary but ok to have. Evening snacks should be fruit, for obvious reasons. Fruit will digest easily and also prepare your body for a bowel movement and cleaning out your daily food intake. A Poo a day helps keep the Dr away!


Since I have my radio show tonight I won’t be walking but I will be back at it tomorrow. I also intend on signing back up for hot yoga. To find out more about Hot Yoga look into my topics for Hot yoga, it is wonderful!


For those that want to cleanse while getting Back On Track here’s a simple meal plan to follow for 10 days:
Breakfast: Fruit smoothie w/flax seed & protein supplement like whey or soy
Morning Snack: fruit & veggies
Lunch: Mixed Greens w/lean protein (chicken or fish) & fruit
Mid-Day Snack: Fruit & veggies
Dinner: lean protein w/steamed veggies NO raw veggies at night
Evening Snack: Fruit


JOIN ME! LET’S GO!!
If a starch is an absolute must then you can add some brown rice. I remember doing this cleanse Oct 09 and I had brown rice and beans w/turkey bacon. It was good and I lost 12 lbs in 10 days. I also remember having cabbage w/turkey necks. Remember eating better doesn’t have to mean diet. The keyword is BETTER!

Comments

Popular Posts