Back On Track: Day 3

As I go through my changes I am realizing what I should and shouldn’t eat. For instance I should have stayed away from the bagel for breakfast yesterday. It kept me full. The idea is for your meal to digest quickly and cause you to be hungry by snack time then again by lunch. That is how you know your metabolism is working faster and speeding up. Heavy breads cause you to feel full a lot longer and take longer to digest. So if you do eat bread make sure it is whole wheat which is all I’ve eaten for many many years. I stopped eating white bread maybe 10 years or more ago.

The good thing about being back on track is it is actually cheaper than buying lunch everyday, when you bring your lunch from home. The other plus is being able to have energy all day do to the constant fuel you are providing your body with. The goal is to eat every two hours. Sounds like a lot but just imagine not having that super hungry feeling. It’s worth it.

So yesterdays meals consisted of:
Breakfast: Egg & Cheese bagel
Morning Snack: :-(
Lunch: Mixed greens w/salmon, grapes & balsamic vinegar
Mid-Day Snack: Strawberries & mangos
Dinner: grilled chicken w/mashed potatoes & mac n cheese :-(
Evening Snack: :-(

As you can see I fell off the wagon last night by having mac n cheese and mashed potatoes.

This is a common mistake that we all make when on the go. Let me explain. As soon as I got off of work I picked up the kids and went directly to my Mom’s. So I decided to grab a bit at KFC. Mind you no fast food was also on my no no list. I knew ahead of time I was going to Mom’s so I should have prepared and made dinner the evening before but I didn’t. I have to do better.

I felt bloated after eating those starches. It wasn’t a lot but it was enough to teach me a lesson.

JOIN ME! LET’S GO!!

Comments

Popular Posts