Thoughts....Missing Her...Life

04.12.05 9 months pregnant, early morning, East Orange, NJ. Phone rang, it’s my Mom. "Mothers gone" I remember screaming can’t remember how long. 12 hrs later I was on a plane to Seattle. Dr note in hand. I remained numb until 2 weeks 3 days later back in Jersey, my son was born. I felt again. But haven’t been the same since.
My grandma had Emphysema. She was a strong woman like me. She had everything. But her disease killed her will to live. She refused the treatment that would keep her alive. She missed seeing my son by two damn weeks. She was the 1 person that always fought for me. That damn disease killed her 10 years after she quit smoking. I f*ckn hate cigarettes!
Life has no guarantees. I recently found out a friend and coworker has MS she is a little younger than me. My aunt was her age when she found out she had it. She only lived to be 42. She was healthy and athletic. I recently found out I am Vitamin B-12 & D deficient. This leads to diseases like MS. I see a neurologist next month and start B-12 injections next week. Value life people.
All that being said, I truly love my life, I’ve been so blessed throughout.

Comments

Popular Posts