Exciting New Phase In My Life

As you may know, I’ve been training in boxing and kickboxing since November 7th 2011. I knew it was something I’ve always wanted to do but I had no idea I would enjoy it as much as I do. I hate when I can’t make it to a class even when I am in major pain from a previous workout. Even when I don’t want to go I go anyway. I find myself struggling sometimes because I am not use to working out but I don’t give up. I push myself until I can’t go anymore but I do not over do it. If I really can’t do more of something I take a break but I refuse to over extend myself. I know that if I keep at it that eventually my tolerance level will raise. So I am allowing myself to take the time needed to catch up. Most of the people at the MMA gym are in pretty good shape. I’m coming from zero and working my way up to being a fitness type of person.

For those that are wondering, I go to an actual MMA gym that teaches Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, Boxing, and Kickboxing (Kickboxing and MMA Striking), Wrestling,
Karate and Tae-Kwon-Do (Cardio, Conditioning, and Bag Work (Intense), and old-school boot-camp style cardio

That being said; aside from the boxing and kickboxing, I am also training in workout techniques that will enable me to work with other women in the boot camp class on Saturdays. I will be assisting Emily as well as taking over when she is not available. I am so excited about this opportunity! It makes me have to work out and be responsible for my own health. But knowing that I will be able to physically help other women reach their goals beyond just blogging about it is just wonderful. I am very excited!

For the ladies who are worried about their hair, nails lashes etc. I want you to know I have all of that. I am still me, a pretty tomboy. What is a pretty tomboy? Well, some of us wear sneakers and some of us don’t (I’m in the latter) but we aren’t afraid to do what the boys do and actually enjoy it (i.e. working on cars, mowing the lawn, working on the yard, home repairs, climbing, sports, etc) but we are still feminine at the same time. Dress in dresses and heels, do our hair, nails and etc. Some of us are domestically inclined some are not (I am). So yes, I also do hair, cook, clean etc etc.
I have tips and tricks throughout my blog about keeping you hair straight during your workout and protecting it from all the sweating (thanks to my stylist friends). Working out should not make you look manly. It should make you look like an in-shape sexy woman regardless if you are a fitness club type of girl or a MMA club type of girl.

On another note: My kids attended class with me yesterday, the instructors were impressed by my daughter’s strength, so impressed that they want to make her Emily’s protégé, so starting Monday my children will begin to train with me. I am actually excited about this because I was feeling like I was away from them too much going from work right to class. See the video of my daughter below.



Well, that’s all for now!

And…It Is What It Is!


Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube health channel http://youtube.com/shaninicolehealth

Comments

Popular Posts