Loving My My New Hair Do!

Hello everyone! I know I rarely post on weekends but I decided to say a little bit right here from my bed...lol
I'm using my cell phone so I'm going to try and keep it short.
So I decided to redo my weave Friday. I made an appointment to have the old one taken out (I will put it in but I will not cut it out). So I went to my girl Trina (click on her name for her facebook page), she took out my weave, did a walk around on my edges and leave out, then she washed, conditioned & blow dryed my hair. Then Joyce braided my hair in the pattern I like to use when I sew in my weave (ha! I said that like this wasnt only the 2nd time I did my own weave) She braids tight, which is good. After she braided me up Trina sewed up my braids nice a flat. All I had to do when I went home was sew in my tracks.
It only took me a hour or so until I got to the very top left. It took longer because I literally laid the tracks right on each other so I wouldn't have any gaps. All of my tracks in the back are one finger space apart. It took my about ten minutes per track in the longer widths, so not bad at all.
My daughter helped me finish the top because my arms started to hurt. She did a damn good job with the sewing. I watched her every move to make sure she did it right, then inspected it. She's a lot like me, show her how to do it and she can do it. She wants to be a stylist so she was happy to do it for me.
So with this style I decided to do something a little different and add some color. Thanks to my girl Trina, who gave me a few tracks of 1B/33 she had. I was able to add the tracks perfectly into my weave. I was a little scared it wouldn't look right but I ended up loving my results! Its so much better than the last weave I did. It's laid better and the color just adds the finishing look!
Ok, so with this look I went back to the Indi Remi by Bobbi Boss. I have 14 inches in the back and 12 inches on top for a layered look. I have no idea what brand the highlights Trina gave me are, but I know it is 10 inches.
My decision to add color and the curls I did in the above pic were all inspired by a girl on youtube Fabulasityisme, she has some cute styles. My daughter wants her hair in a style we saw in one of her videos thats like how Megan Goods hair use to be.
So right before Winter break is over she will get a new do.
I've been doing hair since I was a kid braiding, styling, cutting etc. But I've never wanted to do it professionally. I do micro braids for people but thats it and now I rarely do that. I'm always asked to do micro braids but I don't have the time anymore.
I think I gave my daughter her first weave when she was 11. It was braided in front then a short curly weave in back. The first time I did a full head on her was by accident, she asked for tracks in the back, next thing I know she was asking me to add one here and there and her whole head was done..lol. The style she has now is my first ever intentional full head weave. I always experiment on her...lol. So yeah, the last weave I had was only my second time doing a full head weave (one week after putting in my daughter's) I still haven't learned how to do a closure so all the weaves I've done have a natural part.
Now my daughter's friends want their weaves done which I have no problem with. I will hook them up for more practice but only so I can continue to keep my daughter and my own hair looking fly. I still dont want to do hair for a living. But this is a recession so I gotta save sometimes...
OK, this ended up being longer than expected. I need my breakfast smoothie. Toodles...

Comments

Popular Posts