Taming the Tummy

So I began working out about a month ago. I’ve only lost five lbs since then, all of which took place within the past week when I began my detox. But the one thing I have noticed is a lot smaller tummy. So I’m not losing a lot of pounds, but I am losing inches. The good thing about this whole process is my goal is 2 lbs a week and so far I am only behind that by 3lbs (did that in a week). I will see if I’ve reached that goal on Monday. I knew that this time around my weight loss would be slower due to me making a lifestyle change and not actually going on a diet. I have to remember I didn’t actually start eating better until a week and a half ago. I was doing ok but I still had a terrible sweet tooth during the Thanksgiving holiday week. Good thing I didn’t gain any weight that week. I am on day 10 of my detox (cycle one) with 7 more to go then I go into cycle two (Rev Your Metabolism), which is what has already happened. If I don’t eat every 2 hours my body signals me for food and I wake up starving. So my metabolism is on and stronger!
For me, this whole process is necessary in order for me to get my eating habits and addictions in order. Speaking of my addiction, I am doing pretty good with my sugar and junk food addiction. I haven’t had any cravings for sugar even though my green tea doesn’t taste the same without it. I would have about 10% of my cup filled with sugar, so going from that to no sugar has been hard but not as hard as I thought, more of a flavor change than anything, it’s just plain…lol.
I am still trying out new recipes that fit within my detox guidelines, so I will share all of the yummy ones. With my weeks being so busy most of my experimenting is done on the weekends but for some of these I already have the ingredients. Others I can’t even try until Cycle two. There’s an egg white frittata and some power cookies I want to try. I love taco salad and they have one that excludes the tortilla chips so I am curious to see how that tastes as well.
For all of my Shani says...It Is What It Is readers that have been following my blog for a while now you know that I have a My Fitness Pal account. Well I have begun to share my blog on there as well. So I will be double posting the blogs that are related to health, weight, detox, etc. So if you are on My Fitness Pal and would like to read ALL of my everyday run offs just Google me under Shani says...It Is What It Is and the link will post up for you. Both blogs are linked to Facebook and Twitter so sorry folks it will show up in your feed twice.
I strongly encourage everyone to do a health evaluator on WebMD it is really a good bit of info to have.

Comments

Popular Posts