My Flexi Rod Discovery


I wanted to talk about my newest hair care discovery. First let me start off by saying I am not a morning person. I hate getting up early and I hate doing anything in the morning. Since changing my eating habits I’ve been making my smoothie every morning but all of my adult life before that I didn’t eat breakfast at home during the week at all, actually I rarely ate breakfast but that’s for another post. My main focus has always been sleep as much as possible, get up at the last possible minute and fly out the door. I’d do everything I could at night so I didn’t have to do it in the morning.

OK, so anyways back to the topic at hand, flexi rods. I watch YouTube videos on hair care all the time. I’ve even made an installment video on me doing my daughter’s weave but I haven’t posted it yet (I will soon). Well, while watching the videos I came across a video that talked about heatless curls. I try not to curl my hair too much during the work week because I don’t like a lot of heat to it but also I don’t do it because I don’t like making time for it in the morning. So when I watched the video yesterday by a girl named UniQueLeeMade and saw the curls were gorgeous I decided to go and grab some flexi rods last night.

The rods come in different colors each color represents a different size I used the grey rods which is one down from the largest rods which are the purple rods as you can see in the above photo. I got my rods at sally’s they were about $8.98 for a pack of 10, I bought two packs.

After taking my shower and getting ready for bed I decided to try the rods. I put some Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum and Jane Carter Nourish & Shine on my leave outs. I then took a section of hair at a time and put a pump of Proclaim Foaming Wrap Lotion with Olive Oil on each section then brushed the section with a paddle brush. I put the rod in the middle of the hair section and wrapped the bottom of the hair around the rod, once the tip was wrapped around the rod I rolled it to my scalp and folded the rod tightly. I made sure each rod was rolled in the direction I wanted my curls to be in. I used 15 of the grey rods on my hair. I wrapped my satin scarf around my edges and then placed my satin bonnet on my head.

When I woke up I had beautiful curls! I love how it turned out and I am loving the fact that I didn’t have to curl my hair in the morning or add heat to my hair.

So that’s my little tid bit on flexi rods.

Also, remember I work out so I sweat a lot. I’ve mentioned this before but I will do so again. When I work out I put a cotton scarf tightly on my head and leave in on until my hair is dry to prevent it from needing to be straightened.

Part of me is debating going all natural with my hair. Meaning no chemicals, I usually only get a relaxer once a year when I give it a break from my braids. My last relaxer was in April of 2011 except my edges and leave out I just had relaxed a few weeks ago. Not sure yet but I will keep you all informed if I do.

That’s all for now!

And…It Is What It Is

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts