My Healthy Yummy Breakfast Smoothie (Video)

I have been asked about my breakfast smoothies quite a few times so I decided to do a video of everything I put in my smoothie, visuals are always better, don’t you think :-)

It looks like a lot of ingredients but honestly it takes me no time at all to make the smoothie, I’ve gotten so use to making them every morning it’s become easy. If you want to cut down your time in the a.m. you can always mix your fruits together including the cut up banana into a bowl at night and put in the freezer (I mean just put them all into a bowl together don’t actually blend them) and put all of your dry ingredients into a sandwich baggie and place in the fridge (one scoop of whey, one scoop of flaxseed, and two scoops of vitamins). This should cut down your time considerably.
I had someone contact me and tell me they were thinking about adding blueberries to theirs. I have some frozen blueberries that I use as a night snack but I have never added them to my smoothies. I think I will try that w/o my vitamins so that if I don’t like it I’m not wasting my vitamins (they aren’t cheap). One thing I have tried in my smoothie that I just hated was blackberries and raspberries, I love those to just munch on but in my smoothie I found myself spitting out seeds like crazy, so if the seeds don’t bother you then have at it. I’ve even put spinach in my smoothie before, it wasn’t bad but I don’t think I will do that again either.

My supplements last about a month or more (smaller containers, just finally decided to buy the bigger flaxseed and whey so we will see how long they last). You can buy bigger or smaller sizes in the whey and the flaxseed.
FELLAS: GNC carries the multi-vitamin for men as well; it is called "Men’s Ultra Mega Maximum Nutrition"

I also make these for my children without the vitamins added. They are great for kids, they have the protein they need and the flaxseed to keep them regular. I have never given my son one with the vitamins in it, my daughter has tried it and did not like the taste so she has to get her vitamins the old fashion way. I also add milk to theirs instead of carrot juice. I do this for two reasons, 1. They eat carrots and I don’t so the carrot juice makes it easier for me to have carrots in my diet. 2. They need their dairy (I do not drink cow's milk I drink almond milk).

So make it how you like it, the vitamins aren’t a necessity in your smoothie, they’re something I add because I didn’t like taking the big multi-vitamin daily along with a huge Omega 3 pill. Plus some may not know but most of the time your body doesn’t fully dissolve the vitamin and a multi-vitamin is very important to your diet. So if you take a good multi-vitamin then you’re fine. What I suggest you do is put it in a glass of vinegar and see how long it takes to dissolve. If it dissolves fairly quickly then you should be fine.

The belly photo was taken a few weeks ago and I was debating if I was going to post it, so when I decided to post this video I figured I would throw it in...lol. I have actually lost another inch so I am happy. Quite a few more to go before I reach washboard status but as I said before I am changing my life and not focusing on weight as much, that will come automatically.



Benefits of the ingredients:
Vitamins: The vitamins I use have way more than the daily value.
Whey Protein: Whey is an abundant source of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which are used to fuel working muscles and stimulate protein synthesis. In particular, leucine plays a key role in initiating the transcription of protein synthesis. When leucine is ingested in high amounts, such as with whey protein supplementation, there is greater stimulation of protein synthesis, which may speed recovery and adaptation to stress (exercise).
Flaxseed: Flax seeds contain high levels of dietary fiber as well as lignams, an abundance of micronutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seeds may lower cholesterol levels, especially in women. Initial studies suggest that flax seeds taken in the diet may benefit individuals with certain types of breast and prostate cancers. It also contains fiber.
Yogurt: Yogurt is nutritionally rich in protein, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. It has nutritional benefits beyond those of milk. Consumption of low-fat yogurt can promote weight loss, especially due to the calcium in the yogurt. The active cultures in yogurt aid in digestion.
Carrot Juice: Carrot juice has a particularly high content of β-carotene, a source of vitamin A, but it is also high in B complex vitamins like folate, and many minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and iron.
Fruits:
Banana: High in potassium
Strawberries, Mango, Peaches: These fruits are high in fiber and they are also considered zero calorie fruits, which means; it takes more calories to digest than they contain. Thus helping you burn more calories.

PRICES: The prices of the supplements are as follows (rounded off):
Ultra Mega Maximum Nutrition $32 at GNC
Large Whey $25 at Marlene’s
Small Whey $15 at Marlene’s
Large bag of Flaxseed $8 at Marlene’s
Small bag of Flaxseed $6 at Marlene’s (can also be found at Albertons don’t know price)

I know Fred Meyer has a natural food section, so I am sure they have some of this all well. As well as many other places. GNC also carries whey.

And...It Is What It Is

Comments

Popular Posts