Update On My Chest Pain/Emergency Room Follow-Up...


I thought I would give you all an update on my chest pains. I saw a Dr and he thinks I have Costochondritis.
“Costochondritis (kos-toe-KHON-dri-tis) is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum). It causes sharp pain in the costosternal joint - where your ribs and breastbone are joined by rubbery cartilage. Pain caused by costochondritis may mimic that of a heart attack or other heart conditions.

Your doctor might refer to costochondritis by other names, including chest wall pain, costosternal syndrome and costosternal chondrodynia. When the pain of costochondritis is accompanied by swelling, it's referred to as Tietze syndrome.

Most cases of costochondritis have no apparent cause. In these cases, treatment focuses on easing your pain while you wait for costochondritis to improve on its own”.

So the plan of action right now is weekly massage therapy and lots of chest stretching before my workouts. I was also given an Rx for 800mg of Ibuprofen.

So there it is there…

Thank you to everyone who expressed their concerns on FB, Twitter, text messages & phone calls. I really appreciate all of you.

And…It Is What It Is

Comments

Popular Posts