Chase Bank: Time To Run Away Fast!!


So a co-worker of mines posted a bible verse on her Facebook page. “I can do all things through Him which strengthens me - Philippians Ch.4 Vs.13”. So I decided to see if she was ok. After talking to her I found out that she had been having a rough few weeks.
The main source of this hardship was Chase Bank. Here is a short version of her story:

On payday she went grocery shopping her card was declined so she went to the ATM only to find not only were her two checking accounts empty but so was her savings account. She called Chase who told her miscellaneous electronic withdrawals had been taken out of her account and they do not know where they came from. They could not trace the withdrawals and when they called the 800 # that accompanied them it was busy.

She filed a police report and followed Chase’s fraud procedures and then was told that they will reverse the overdraft fees and open her new account but they will not replace the money that was stolen because they could not say whether or not she authorized the withdrawals from her account. They then stated that they attempted to call her and she didn’t answer so they just let the money go. WOWZERS!!!

This irritated me to say the least. I have been with Chase since 2002 when they were Washington Mutual. Once Washington Mutual was bought out by Chase I kept my account open. A couple of years ago I decided to open an account with a credit union. I started to use the credit union account as my main account but I did not feel like the hassle of moving one of my direct deposits (non-work related), my square up and my paypal account, plus I had my car insurance coming out of that account. This is the account I figured I would use for all of my business transactions.

After hearing her story I logged right in to my credit unions website and set up another checking account and printed all paperwork needed to start moving all of my deposits other payment accounts to the new account.

I also decided to do a little research on Chase. In doing so I came across multiple complaints against the bank similar to this case. Some may have heard about the man that was arrested for trying to cash a fraudulent check that Chase had sent to him. He spent five days in jail, lost his car because it was towed off Chase premises and auctioned off all while he was in jail and lost his job. Chase has since issued an apology and claims they are trying to come to a resolution. Here is the story: http://www.king5.com/news/125105599.html

Banks are required to pay you bank for any money stolen electronically I have attached a link to tell you the steps to take if this ever happens to you.
http://www.ehow.com/info_7737008_bank-stolen-money-debit-card.html

Federal Trade Commission Facts for Consumers on Electronic Banking
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre14.shtm

And…It Is What It Is

Comments

Popular Posts