Feeling Refreshed (Retro)

Originally Posted Aug 20, 2008
Feeling Refreshed
Current mood:content

It has been a week since my last blog and I am feeling so much better. My last blog was the beginning of the healing process. There has been no tears throughout any of this but there has been confusion. I was so frustrated and confused last week that I was feeling as if I would bust at the seams. I realized that if I got out my anger and my frustration that I could possibly feel some sort of relief, I was right. I made it a point to hit up the E&J Bar & Grill in Lakewood on Wednesday Night in order to unwind a bit with my girl Ny. DJ Quiet Storm played every song I requested allowing me to enjoy the music and shake my tail a bit. Even though we didn’t stay too long it was just enough to put me in a better mood. My ex responded to my blog stating a few things but one of the things he asked was why I would put his business out there. After I reminded him that no one even knows who he is on here, I thought to myself, “it was your business before you allowed it to effect our relationship and took it out on me, making it my business as well” Over the weekend I enjoyed myself spending time with my kids and going out with a friend & working my 2nd job. Keeping myself busy doing things I enjoyed doing without sitting around thinking too much of what is said and done. I felt very at ease and my mind was content, body relaxed. I’ve been talking to friends and focusing back on my company. I had my moment of sadness and now I am back to business as usual. As each day passes, I no longer look back on what was and what could have been but to the present and what will be. I read something that I’ve read many times before. “When the Lord takes something away, he is preparing you for something better” I smile as I recite this sentence because I know it is true. Every time I have something taken or I hit a rough spot something better always comes along, something greater than the last. Another statement that I enjoy is “Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option.” This is very true; at one point I felt like the most important person in the world to that man. What made me throw in the towel is when I began to feel like an option to him. When he decided it was appropriate to distance himself and put other before me. I have never been one to sit and take second seat to anyone so that was all it took for me to say goodbye. If there are any women out there that feel like they are not their man’s priority please know you are not alone. So many of us have been put in that position and have been taken for granted but it isn’t the actions of another that define you. It is how you handle the situation. Find your strength and empower yourself. It will only hurt as long as you let it. Our strength runs deeper than the ocean. Women have been the backbone of this world for many years. Lets not allow ourselves to be mentally torn down and weakened. If only one woman reads this blog and finds the strength she needs then that’s ok with me because I will know that I have made some sort of difference in at least one person life.

Comments

Popular Posts