Independence (Retro)

Originally Posted Aug 27, 2008
Independence

Well, once again it is Wednesday and I am going to share my thoughts with you (see the pattern here? Let’s see how long I can keep this going). Today I am going to move away from my previous topic and discuss what’s on my mind. Independence. What comes to your mind when you hear that word? Everyday I get an email from a blog I am subscribed to. I enjoy reading the blog every morning. I usually start my work day reading it. Yesterdays blog was about the blogger receiving too much of another opinions on his subject matter. How someone isn’t happy with the content of the blogs. The blogger states his blogs come from his life. So why would one change what is fact, right? That is my opinion. Me being the outspoken person I am, responded to the blog and voiced my very own opinion. What bothered me and made me decide to respond was the doubt I read in the blog that made it seem as though he wasn’t sure if he should continue on the path he had been on for this time that has gotten people to enjoy what he has to say. He let the opinions of a few cloud his mind of who he is. What I feel is wrong with our world is the fact that people do not allow a person to be the person that they are. Everyone has their opinion on how a person should be, think, act, say and feel. When they see a person being themselves and that person isn’t like them they demean that person. Causing the person to become unhappy with the person they are. We question why these kids are shooting up campuses as we call them “the rejects” but have we ever asked ourselves what make them a reject? I have never been a “follower”; I could never just do what someone else did because they thought it was the cool thing to do. I guess I was fortunate. I never had to deal with ridicule from other kids growing up. I had many that didn’t like me because I was who I wanted to be but it was never a matter that caused others to dare succeed at making me life miserable. Oh I had girls envious all throughout high school. They would talk behind my back like girls do but it stayed behind my back unless someone else told me what they heard and it was always the tacky little hood rats so I couldn’t give a rat’s ass…lol If we could all be who we wanted to be and allow ourselves the greatness we deserve we can be truly happy. Being independent does not meaning not wanting someone in your life or handling all of life on your own. It means being able to be who you are and being able to handle your business without worries. Anyone who comes into your life should be an addition. So if for some stroke of cause they are taken from your life you can still manage and function. It means not having to depend on someone else for your money, your happiness, your place to sleep, or anything else you need to survive. A man shouldn’t have to depend on his woman to get him through and vice versa. They should both be able to hold down their households on their own and still be able to come together and hold it down as a unit. If one falls the other should be able to keep things going until the other picks themselves back up and the one that has fallen should never stay down for too long. The one that is still standing should be able to smile down on the one that has fallen and hold out their hand in love and allow that person to stand next to them in pride. Being in charge of your own life and your own happiness is not a crime, accepting someone for doing it isn’t either. When you try to keep your mate down just to keep control of that person you lose your own independence, because you depend on them to be right under you at all times. Women who do not allow their men to be men and want to pay the bills so they can keep a hawk eye view on him afraid of what he might do if he has his own cash is just as tied down as he is. That moment he does find a job and have some cash you become afraid, afraid he will cheat and trapped by your own emotions of fear, emptiness, and losing.

Comments

  1. That is a very powerful presentation,putting the truth out to be seen as it is,keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts