Stop Making Excuses


A lot of people are afraid of change. They aren’t willing to give up some of their old habits even if it means bettering their life; “oh no I can’t give up pork” “Oh no I must have my bacon” “oh no I cant go to the gym” etc etc.

My question is why? Why is it that you cannot give up or at least cut back by ¾ the foods that aren’t good for you? Why can’t you replace your pork bacon with turkey bacon? Why can’t you replace your pork pepperoni with turkey pepperoni? Why can’t you have pork only one day a week instead of 5? Why can’t you stay out of the fast food drive thru? Why can’t you cook a healthier home cooked meal that will last a few days?

Why must your kids have a cabinet full of sweets and sugary cereals? Why do they have to grow up with terrible eating habits just because right now they aren’t fat? One day the will be struggling with their weight and it will be because they weren’t taught good eating habits.

Am I saying take these things away completely? No, I am saying stop stocking up on them, stop buying them for the home and stop making excuses. If you want your child to have a donut; go out and buy one or get a small pack, but don’t fill your pantry with sweets and junk that can be accessed all day and night. Your child will eat how you raise them to eat. Now am I saying go home and throw it all away? No, I am not; what I am saying is once it is gone, leave it gone. Don’t go a replenish it, but cereals like honey nut cheerios or cinnamon life, reduce the milk fat to 2% from whole milk or even lower like 1% or non-fat (which is preferred).

Did you know that you can still have collard greens; just replace the pork or beef with smoked turkey. Have cabbage w/o the grease and it still tastes good. Make homemade chili with ground turkey, make taco salad with ground turkey. Switch from plain table salt to sea salt (available at Dollar Tree for $1)

Just make better choices! Last thing I want is a ton of medical bills and Rx refills when I get older. That does not sound like my idea of fun nor the type of retirement I want. A lot of seniors are put on so many meds they can’t even afford them.

As a family, take a walk; walk for 10 minutes. My kids love going walking with me (even though I only take them when I’m not doing a 6 mile), it will help them settle down at night; and keep them in activities that will keep them active. I see some of the parents walking or working out while our kids practice soccer all the time.

Life was given to you but living is your choice.


And…It Is What It Is!


Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube health channel http://youtube.com/shaninicolehealth

Comments

Popular Posts