Shani's Egg Muffins




Top photo: Six 2 packs of egg muffins fresh out of the fridge

Bottom photo: 2 egg muffins fresh out of the microwave after 30 seconds & ready to go.
Each muffin is made of egg, scallions, red bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, spinach and 2% cheese

Eating healthy can be hard if you aren’t prepared and who wants to cook every morning. I found myself eating n egg white bagel yesterday for breakfast. I knew I had to do something so I didn’t have a repeat of that moment and I was growing tired of oatmeal and smoothies. So I decided I would make some egg muffins that I could eat every morning for the remainder of this work week.

As you can see in the above photo I put two egg muffins in each baggie, when I heated them up this morning I didn't even take them out of the baggie, I just threw them in the microwave and snatched them back out and left out the door, still in the bag.
I did have a tad bit of veggies and egg left over so I mixed all of that together and my daughter enjoyed it this morning for breakfast. The egg amount is the same but I used large so if you are using regular eggs you should use the same amount if not you can probably leave out one. I think I scaled down the veggie mixture enough so it should be on point for you. I hope you enjoy!

Makes 12 (1 dozen). 82 calories each.

Ingredients

12 whole eggs or 24 egg whites
½ cup of red onions, chopped
½ cup of red bell peppers, chopped
½ cup of mushrooms, chopped
½ cup of scallions (green onions), chopped
½ cup of spinach, chopped
½ cup of cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix eggs along with garlic powder and pepper in a bowl (do not add water or milk)
In a separate bowl mix your veggies together so they will be well proportioned in the muffin tins.
Spray your muffin pan (if metal) fill each tin half way with your veggies then add cheese to each one. Using an ice scream scoop or small ladle, pour 3 scoops of egg into each tin.
Bake on 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool for 25-30 minutes before putting them in the baggies. Store in the fridge not the freezer.
They only take about 30 seconds to warm up in the morning :-)

*You can use metal of silicone muffin pans or cups
*You can add meat if you prefer

And…It Is What It Is!


Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube health channel http://youtube.com/shaninicolehealth

Comments

Popular Posts