Easy Trout w/Sauce

Ladies & Gentlemen sometimes we need a little help in the kitchen. I like to share easy meals that will please that special someone in your life and make you look like a great cook even if you aren't.


One day the store had a bunch of whole trout (eyes, head and tail included) on sale so I bought four of them. I had them in the freezer for a while before I even attempted to cook one. One day I decided I would cook on but I wasn’t sure how I wanted to cook it and it was frozen solid. I will give you a step-by-step detail on how I cooked this trout and how it was a household success. I have since added a few tips because my original recipe was very simple. I made a quick and easy sauce to pour over my trout once it was on my plate, I will include the directions for that as well.

Trout
Ingredients

1 Whole Trout
1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil

Directions

Preheat oven on 375 degrees.
Rinse trout thoroughly, brush with olive oil and wrap completely in aluminum foil.
If trout is frozen cook for 2 hours, if it is thawed cook 1.5 hours.

*you can also stuff the trout with lemon and veggies. Just add them to the open portion of the belly.

Sauce
Ingredients

¼ Cup of Red Wine and Olive Oil Vinaigrette
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
2 Dashes of Lemon Pepper

Directions

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl or cup and stir. Spoon as much as you like over cooked fish.

Good Luck!

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts