Oatmeal & Pancake Flour Fried Chicken

Ladies & Gentlemen sometimes we need a little help in the kitchen. I like to share easy meals that will please that special someone in your life and make you look like a great cook even if you aren't.

Not to toot my own horn but I make some of the best fried chicken around, since I don't cook fried foods unless it is a holiday and I'm cooking for guests; my kids don't get to eat it much, so lastnight my kids wanted fried chicken and since I don’t fry foods I didn’t have any flour. I did however have dry pancake mix (from the waffles I made at my job's brunch Monday) and ground up oatmeal (from making my homemade oatmeal pancakes).

My kids enjoyed the chicken, I will take their word for it since I didn’t eat any. They said it wasnt sweet and tasted great. I usually use a host of seasonings but I only used Old Bay and Pepper this time.

Ingredients

Chicken
Mustard
Pancake Mix
Oatmeal
Old Bay Seasoning
Pepper
Canola Oil

Directions

Preheat canola oil in a skillet (half full) on medium-high heat; or in a deep fryer (follow deep fryer directions)
Rinse chicken thoroughly, put chicken in a bowl and pour mustard over chicken. Make sure mustard is over all pieces of chicken.
In a plastic baggie add ground up oatmeal and pancake flour along with seasonings.
Put one to two pieces of chicken in the baggie and shake until coated completely, place chicken in hot oil. Repeat until all chicken has been placed in the oil.
Reduce heat to medium-low (if using a skillet), cover and let chicken cook until the side in the oil is golden brown and flip the chicken to the other side. Cook until golden brown.
Once the chicken has been cook thoroughly (inside and out) place the pieces on a napkin-covered plate and allow the excess oil to drain off.

Good Luck!

*I didn't add measurments so you can make to your own desire.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts