My Renewed Love for Yogurt

I’ve posted about plain nonfat yogurt a few times and I also have a couple videos of recipes that include it, but recently I’ve come to love it even more. As I look for ways to control what the kids and I eat I find myself making more recipes and of course I am more aware of what is in the products that I buy. Not only am I checking labels, I’m also teaching my children to check labels as well. It is really important to me that my kids learn how to eat healthier. I could go out and buy a product and not be completely sure of all its additives or I can attempt to make it myself and know what I have put into it.


That is where I’ve found a renewed love for plain nonfat yogurt, I use yogurt for my smoothies, my yogurt sauce (tzatziki) and my lemon dill salad dressing. I’ve also used it in meals that require milk or sour cream. I’ve been using Greek yogurt lately and I love it, it has a high amount of protein in it making it even better. But be careful because Greek yogurt has a higher fat content and is lower is calcium than regular yogurt, that’s the downside; the upside is that it is lower in carbs, higher in protein, lower in sodium and lower in lactose.

So choose the type of yogurt that is best for you, I’m not faithful to either one.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts