Don't Believe the Hype

I came to work with an email from one of my co-workers asking if I had heard about a “green bean to lose weight” and stated she was thinking about buying it. Initially, I was like “no, but I will look it up”. Once I Googled the “green bean to lose weight” I came across green coffee beans. Then it clicked “oh yeah I’ve heard about this”; initially I wanted to email her back with a spill on eating right and whatnot but I decided I would just share the WebMD link with her so she could do a bit more research on it herself.

It dawned on me that as I’ve made efforts to become healthier I’ve stopped “believing the hype” over miracle weight loss cures. There are many things on the market that will help you lose weight. Let’s take a look at some of the “miracles”

1) Fucoxanthin
2) Green Tea
3) White Bean Extract
4) CLA
5) Glucomannan
6) Chitosan
7) Vitamin D
8) hCG
9) Resveratrol
10) Capsaicin
11) Chia
12) Hoodia
13) Apple Cider Vinegar
14) Coconut Oil
15) Bitter Orange

These are the top 15 “weight loss” supplements out there. I didn’t go into details because I want you to research each one on your own. But everyone takes a bit of information on these products and they just run with it; thinking that if they just add this to their daily intake that they will lose weight. The main issue with this is most of those people don’t change their diet which is the key to any weight loss plan. A lot of these supplements will tell you to add the supplement to your low calorie diet and exercise plan and some even provide you with a low calorie plan.

The key has always been in the plan and what you choose to put into your body. Even though some of these foods may aid your weight loss and get your body all revved up, they will not make you lose weight alone; you must change your diet in order to see any real benefits from them.

I end this by saying we cannot rely on miracle drugs or items to see us to the finish line, we must rely on our own discipline, our own ability to take control over what we eat and the discipline to stay on a healthier path in life.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts