Oval Closure Piece with a Net




This post is about a month overdue and so is the video (which is still on my camera) but I figured I might as well go ahead and post it. I like to post my videos and blogs at the same time but since I am behind on videos I’ve decided to just post the blogs and then update them with the videos later.

In my last blog I discussed my new hairdo but before that one there was this one. Well this hair came very last minute because I realized the ripple deep hair I used previously was not 100% human so it had to go! I decided I would try the hair my daughter loves, Idol 100% Yaki Human Hair 12" (closure), 14", 16" and 18". I won’t get into to this hair but I will say I suggest you do not use high heat on it. I wanted to do a style where I could show people how to make an alternative closure that had more of a natural look, didn’t cost any extra money like other closures and was easy to install. Plus I had some net left over from when I did my daughter’s hair and had purchased the wrong net. I figured this would be the perfect time to do a video for everyone showing them this alternative method for a closure versus the circle closure that goes in the middle of your head.

What I did was take a weft of hair and folded it over about six times; the length was about four inches. The entire weft had black bonding glue added before folding it to hold it all together. I then added more glue to the bottom of the closure and used a blow dryer to dry the glue. Once the glue was dry I separated the hair to form a jagged line down the middle; I did this so you would not see the tracks in the middle, I then used a flat iron to flatten the closure as much as possible, after the closure was flat I stuck a needle through the entire closure a sewed it together with weaving thread for added security. I then sewed the weaving net to the closure leaving a 1/2 inch space around the closure so the net could be sewn to my hair. the entire closure was about 1x4.

Like with the Bobbi Boss closure, my daughter sewed the closure on first; then installed the rest of my hair. That way the closure was in place and the rest of the hair could be placed over the net to cover it nice and neat. My closure was placed in the front center of my head, but with this closure you can place it anywhere on your head, I've seen my daughter place an oval shaped closure on the side a little further back creating a side part. The one thing that was done differently than with the Bobbi Boss closure is, I had just two braids in the middle of my head that were spaced out the same width and length of the closure, so the area would be flatter and those were the anchor braids for the closure.

Things I would do differently: First, I would only make the closure about four rows thick instead of six so it is easier to flatten with the flat iron. Secondly, I would make it shorter like 2-3 inches long. Long closures are good when they are lace or silk but not for a closure like this.

If you are in the NW Washington State area and would like your hair done by my daughter contact her on Facebook with your name and phone number and we will be in touch with you as quickly as possible.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts