Sweet 16

Today my daughter is 16 years old and I am overjoyed. I can't believe it was 16 years ago that I gave birth to my little girl. Everyday I wonder if I'm doing things right but after seeing my little girl and the young woman she is becoming I know I must be doing something right.

Being a parent is far from easy and there is no book on how to parent YOUR child. I've made many mistakes along the way but from each mistake I've learned how to try to be a better parent. I never planned to raise my child on my own but I wouldn't change a moment of it.

We are a team, my kids and I. Nothing can replace the joy I've had raising my children and to see my daughter growing into a responsible and caring young lady just makes everything we've been through worth it. My daughter was my motivation, she was my force to become something more. More than anything she was what I was missing, she gave me love that was untainted and pure and no matter what mistakes I've made as a mom she still loves me.

DeJshane' J'Von you are my 1st born love, you are growing to be more than I imagined. Continue to make good decisions and reach for the stars. I will continue to guide you and always have your back and continue to support you in making good decisions but most of all I will always love you no matter what.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts