Toss It Up

It's amazing how you kind of fall into something you never had any intensions of doing; some things just choose you.

I am the owner of Reddi Business Solutions and my job is to provide support to business owners and “want to be” business owners. I provide administrative support, I assist them with all of the beginning steps to start a business, I help them revamp a fading business or saving a dying business, I also help with their marketing and consult them on how to market their company; I usually consider myself just a marketing consultant or “The Marketing Mistress” because that is what I love to do the most. I absolutely love watching my clients grow based on the information and/or techniques I’ve given them and helping them along with the process. So, I’ve been talking with a friend about doing something he would enjoy that would bring him in some extra money; I firmly believe that you can be successful if you find a business you enjoy and believe in, when you choose your business based on what you think will make you money, it isn’t as enjoy able and therefore you don’t put as much in to it as you would something you enjoy doing. I also have tips on how to start your business with little start up cash.

So back to the subject at hand…I was talking to my friend and came up with an idea for him to cook meals on multiple levels, (I won’t get into all we talked about because no one has done what I came up with so it’s still an idea that can be achieved); we sat down and planned out the details and set a start date. To help things move along I was to take pre-orders so he would have a clientele base and advance money to start. So time goes by and I’m not hearing much about his progress but I don’t say anything because I am a firm believer that you can’t make a person want something they have to want it on their own, but on the other hand I have these people expecting food. So I had to plan for a back-up scenario, so I created menus and price lists for what would be sold. I waited until the day before launch to do any grocery shopping to see if he would contact me ready to go but he didn’t so, without hesitation I went ahead and put together the orders for the customers and delivered them on time.

At first I dreaded the idea of doing that work because even though I love to cook I wasn’t big on cooking for a living, my life is so busy and didn’t know if I would find the time. But as I started putting my orders together and adding special touches to everything I was happy, not only was I happy, but my family was happy, they got a kick out of watching me and being my assistants.

I was amazed at the money I made that first weekend but even more so I was amazed at the feedback I received. Over the past week I have created another business for myself, one that already has repeat customers, one that chose me. My plan was to only sell the meals on Saturdays but I have customers calling throughout the week.

When I initially started a week ago I had only five salads on my menu with four hot meals coming soon; I have since added two more salads and each salad can also be purchased as a wrap, I also have a salad of the week starting in January due to an overwhelming amount of requests for certain foods coming to my inbox. I’ve received great feedback on the new menu items and I’ve noticed that the wraps have grabbed more attention from the male customers and the women prefer the salads.

All of this is still very fresh and new for me so I am getting a handle on everything and getting a work flow going but overall I am enjoying this new venture. As for my friend who was supposed to be doing all of this in the first place, well, look for him December 1st, he will be taking care of our hot food menu items. I guess he needed a little more inspiration, if he needed my help all he had to do was ask…sheesh…lol just kidding but on a serious note; I don’t know where this road is headed but so far I am enjoying the ride and who knows, one day there just might be a Toss It Up Daily near you!

Check us out on Facebook http://facebook.com/TossItUp and Twitter http://twitter.com/TossItUpDaily

And…It Is What It Is!


Comments

Popular Posts