I'm Married Now

“While women chase a man who sleeps from pillar to post chasing women and doing the most; having babies all over the town. I have a man who wants to settle down, marry me and give me the crown”.

The above is a little poem I wrote in response to those naysayers who had anything to say about me getting married. I knew that once the news hit, there would be a few questions, opinions and choice words. I was married in a secret and private ceremony, mainly because I did not want to hear anyone’s opinion and I didn’t want them to ruin our special moment. The less people you have in your relationship, the less third-party opinions you have to deal with.

For the most part I’ve always been the type to walk away from a situation without giving it a second thought, but there was one relationship where I stayed and went through more than I’ve ever been through. My goal was to show this person I was that one and I gave myself heart and soul. In return I received abuse, public humiliation and heartbreak. I’ve always taken on relationships more like a man instead of a woman and the moment I decided to play the woman role, I got trampled like one so after that I went back to protecting myself by making an easy get away and not giving my heart too much, but I did (over time) find a way to balance the two.

Men now days think they deserve a woman’s love just by because they are a male and I’m not one to give and give and give while he just does as he pleases disregarding my feelings. When you find someone who puts in the effort to make you happy, who wants to give you all of himself, who wants to be a part of your life forever, has his own income and is responsible, you have to make the same efforts and make it work and forget about what others think and feel. Life is about taking chances and risks and living to the fullest. I choose to be happy, if I make a mistake along the way, it's ok I can correct it and learn from it but that's what life is all about, try to be happy and allow love to take over.

I know a few of my FB friends don’t think I know that my man attempted to talk to them before we started dating, yes, I know but I don’t care. If you follow me close enough you know I had my flings as well. Things like that don’t bother me; it’s what happens while I am in a person’s life that I have an issue with, the things that are disrespectful to our relationship.

When you are secure within yourself you don’t have time to worry about anything else. I’ve never been the type to dislike a “baby mama” or “ex” of my man nor have I been the type to dislike the present female in any of my exes lives; it just isn’t me. I don’t know why I am the way that I am but I’m happy I’m this way because that’s less stress on me. Now, if she wants to be disrespectful then we have a problem but to dislike her just because is ridiculous to me.

I think I got off topic a little bit so let me get back on track…

So since we chose to get married in private we will be having a wedding next summer to renew our vows in a small garden, 100 guests or less ceremony with our family and a few close friends. I am excited about being able to share our happiness with those we love, the planning is so overwhelming but I am a perfectionist so I will just use yoga and breathe it out…lol. I can’t wait to share with you my very custom dress (a little hint: it’s not white or off white); he also wants to change our rings so we are having them made custom as well. I will blog my progress with the wedding planning, I also intend on receiving a little assistance with the planning and decorating. I’m too much of a control freak to just hire someone when I know I will end up taking over the whole project anyway, so I will just delegate tasks to whomever I decide to help me with my special day.

I think a vow renewal wedding is the perfect way to celebrate a year and 8 months of marriage, don’t you...

And…It Is What It Is!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts