Out With the Old, In With the New


Traditions are hard to break but sometimes you are forced to.

Every year my mom would come and stay the night with the kids and I and she would wake up with us and we would watch the kids open their gifts, then she would make us all breakfast. After breakfast I would start preparing dinner. After dinner my mom would head off to wherever else she had to go and the kids and I would enjoy the rest of our day/evening.

Well, this year things have changed. My mom decided that she wasn’t going to come over to our house and wake up with us and watch the kids open their gifts. She wanted us to come over to her house on Christmas day and she would make dinner.

In addition to that, I am married now so it was the hubby and I who woke up with the kids and watched them open their gifts and my daughter made us breakfast.

I won’t lie, I hate leaving my house on Christmas, I’ve never been one to go from house to house. I never saw the point since my mom always came to us. There wasn’t anything for us to do anywhere else since my grandma passed away. No one else would cook a big meal or have any kind of gathering for us to attend anyway.

It looks like we are starting a new tradition and I’m ok with that, I will miss sitting around in my pjs all day but I don’t have to cook so it’s not that bad, if only my mom didn’t just move 30 min away, that would make it even better.

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves with the family, my cousins came over to my mom’s house and we all ate and exchanged gifts for the kids. After leaving my mom’s we drove out north to Josh’s sister’s house and hung out with her family for a few hours. I must say, it was a nice Christmas.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts