The Engagement: Cat's Out the Bag

The Engagement Series is a series of blog posts written before I got married in a very private ceremony on December 13th. They are released daily until they are complete, I hope you enjoy.
 
December 11, 2012

Last night everything hit the airways, the secrecy I was trying to keep has come to an end.

I decided to let my family know that I am getting married this Thursday. I sent them a group text and let the rest know in our FB family group. The ones I text called me and we spoke, they want Josh and I to have a reception but we don’t want to. We will just celebrate everything at my New Year’s Day dinner. I told them to be prepared for the vow renewal in 2014.

The funk hit the fan when Josh decided he wanted to post the photo of our temp rings that we took for his sister to Facebook, oh boy, that caused a lot of questions and congrats but I am ok with it. It destroys my blog surprise but hey, what can I say. I’m honored that he is so excited to tell the world of our union, some men hide their wives and girlfriends.

That’s another reason why I know I am making the right decision. I know God brought this man into my life, I know he hasn’t left me alone in this thing called love, he has brought me a partner that I can grow old with and I am beyond blessed.

Sometimes we can block our own blessings and don’t need anyone to block them for us because we are doing enough of it on our own. I’ve been that person before and I’ve been a victim of that person many times.

I’ve always known God was preparing me for the right person so I never gave up on love, within this past year he has been preparing my spirit. Spiritually I am in a different place and I love it. I love who I am becoming and the future I have ahead of me. I just hope my husband can understand that and continue to grow alongside me. Matter of fact we will have that discussion tonight. He must know my destiny has not been written and I am writing my story now, if he doesn’t know that already.

As women we must not stop reaching for our own greatness, we must have our own identity aside from that of a wife, mother or friend. Josh respects my independence and my strength; he is attracted by it, encouraged even.

I have posted a photo of our 1st set of rings these are only so we aren’t in our ceremony without anything on our fingers, my actual ring should be here in January and I am excited because I just love it. Our last set of rings we are personally designing for the vow renewal and I am still trying to figure out exactly what design we should go for, we want to have a similar set so we shall see what we come up with.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts