The Engagement: The License


The Engagement Series is a series of blog posts written before I got married in a very private ceremony on December 13th. They are released daily until they are complete, I hope you enjoy.

December 7, 2012
Tonight we went and applied for our mariage license, they have extended hours so we went after I got off of work. We were going to do it Sunday since there is a Licensing Fair but I didnt want to deal with the crowd, Washington State recently approved same sex marriage a law which took effect on December 6, so the Pierce County Auditor’s office decided to have a Licensing Fair on Dec 8th and 9th to answer any questions and register as many people as possible, they've alwo extended their hours allowing more people to get their licenses, they anticipate a huge jump in applicants.

We thought this would be the perfect opportunity for us to apply for our license. When we got there, there was only one other couple there, we were in and out in no time. I suggest you apply online first then go down there and finish the process (make your payment, sign etc).

After we got to the house and pulled the license out Josh decided he wanted to move our date closer, I’m not sure if I want to or not but just in case he called his family and told them we are getting married and wanted a witness or two and surprisingly enough they were happy for us and would all like to be there.

I won’t lie I was scared to death, matter of fact I crawled under the blankets and put my head under the pillows…lol. Now I still have to talk to my mom. Neither one of us is looking forward to that.

If you are in Pierce county and need info on how to appy for a licence check out the Pierce County Auditor's Office

FYI, I suggest you complete the application online because they will have you step out of line after you get to the window to apply online on their computers, then get back in line to pay. So if you do it ahead of time you can just pay and get it over with.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts