Cream Cheese and Strawberry Filled Wontons w/Strawberry Lemon Dipping Sauce

I love to cook and I love to come up with my own recipes. Some of what I come up with may have already been thought of but if I’ve never seen it or heard of it, it doesn’t matter because to me it’s new. For my reception I really wanted to make this dessert for my sweets and treats table. I hope you enjoy!

Wontons

Ingredients

1 pack of Wonton Wrappers
1 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
¼ cup of Butter
2 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon of real Vanilla Extract
½ cup chopped Strawberries
Canola Oil

Directions

Pour oil into a frying pan to a depth of 1 inch. Preheat the oil to 325 degrees.

Mix cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in vanilla, then gradually stir in powdered sugar. Fold in strawberries.

Place one teaspoon of filling into center of wonton wrapper. Moisten all sides of the wonton wrapper with water and bring all four sides together to completely close the wonton covering the filling, just like a dumpling pouch.

Gently place the wontons in the pan and fry to a golden brown about 30 seconds to one minute.

Drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar

Dipping Sauce

Ingredients

1 lb of Strawberries
1 cup of Water
¾ cup of Sugar
1 tablespoon of fresh Lemon Juice

Directions

Add water and sugar to a large sauce pan or pot. Bring to a boil.

Carefully add strawberries. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.

Smash the strawberries and let them simmer for a few minutes longer (The longer you simmer the thicker the sauce will be).

Remove from heat

Add lemon juice and mix with a hand held mixer.

Comments

Popular Posts