Reception Blues...and Pinks....

I don’t understand how I can create a wonderful event for someone else filled with beauty and shimmer that anyone could love. I can take a small budget and present huge results, but for myself…I’m a total dud!

Planning this reception has proven to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I finally have some ideas but honestly I was forgetting all of the minor details that make such a huge impact.

I had to reach out to a couple of people and get a little help on creating my list of needs and my menu. I’ve decided on a heavy appetizer menu instead of making main dishes. I really like this idea because the idea Josh and I have for this reception is more of a mixer than a formal reception. We want to keep it as simple as possible, no loud music no formal sit down dinner, just people meeting one another, mixing, mingling and welcoming us into their lives. The only time we want people to sit down is during speech hour where people take a few minutes to say what they want to or about us.

So far I have my menu down, I have my unique center pieces down and most of my supplies list. I need to figure out the rest of the decorations though and a few other small details.

Josh and I want a simple two tier cake and we went to two local cake designers that are in business for themselves, to try to show support of their business. One never hit me back and the other asked for what to us was a ridiculous price for what we were asking for but God had our backs. Come to find out Walmart creates two tier cakes for only $48. The best part is you can have the outside designed however you want to and for this function that works perfectly for us. We were so excited to know we just may be staying within our budget for this event by saving a few hundred dollars.

Once I figure it all out I will share with you but I love the element of surprise so I may wait until after the function to post photos.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts