Reflections...After the Reception Has Passed

This past weekend was our marriage reception and I must say I am very pleased about how it came out. But I will say that next time I am the guest of honor I will just pay for an event coordinator or build a team. This wasn’t like having your birthday party this was totally different. There were times when I needed to be involved in the festivities but someone was pulling me in a different direct for something else, that was a serious pain to deal with. Not to mention trying to help set up or direct the set up but knowing I need to go get dressed so of course we were super late.

So, I know you want details so here they are:
The colors were royal blue and dark pink, each table was covered with a white table cloth and the center pieces were cylinder shaped vases with blue hydrobeads and two white goldfish inside and a huge pink tissue paper pom pom on top, we gave these away to our guests as a gift. We had two sweets and treats tables that were covered with a pink table cloth, one of the tables held the cake which was on top of a box that was covered with a pink table cloth and a sheer white linen. Each table also had lights underneath the table cloth so that it glowed. We had white boxes with labels that said “Josh and Shani’s Reception, Sweets for the Sweet”. We had multiple different cupcakes, strawberry and cream cheese filled wontons w/a strawberry sauce, pecan pie, cotton candy, gummy candy, gum, white cheddar popcorn, snack mixes and gold fish snacks all in different sized glass bowls, huge tall glass candle holders and three 3-tired glass stands. The amount of food was just crazy and we had so many dishes I can’t even name them all. We had a juice I made up that consisted of pureed strawberries, whole strawberries, white grape juice and ginger ale.

We had a message center where people could leave cards and messages in a box and gifts as well; we will take the messages and frame them all together. We played three games that got everyone involved and gave everyone the opportunity to offer words of advice as well as see how well Josh and I knew one another.

The food was served buffet style and the evening began with everyone being able to eat while mixing and mingling. I made three dishes and one dessert and my daughter made cupcakes, we also put together all of the centerpieces and I created all of the paper items (invites, program, signs, labels etc). The dessert was served last after our toast where we served everyone sparkling apple cider in champagne flutes, even the kids.

The program line up was:
Mingle & Eating - Main Buffet
Introduction of the Bride & Groom - Mistress of Ceremony
Video
Bride & Groom Sharing of Vows - Commitment to Each Other
Well Wishes from Immediate Family of Bride
Well Wishes from Immediate Family of Groom
Well Wishes from Other Family & Friends
Mingle & Snacking - Main Buffet
Games
Toast
Cutting of Cake
Snacking - Sweet & Treats Bar

After the reception we headed downtown for a night of partying.

Here is the message I posted on FB:
” We want to thank everyone who came to our reception yesterday and showed us so much love. A special thank you to everyone who helped make this day so very special. My mom Shurvon Wright without you I don’t know what I would do. Angela Jefferson thank you sooo much for all of your assistance. Gerald...I can’t even express how much I appreciate you, you kept everything in order and made it such a smooth evening, you are truly a blessing. Ruby thank you for proving a foundation for us to build on in our program. Tracie, Cheryl Wright, Cherrise Gratton, Oriel Dn'e, Nisha and. Kari Curry you two are the best MCs and coordinators ever! Shamore and the Lewis family, you guys are truly appreciated. Tya BornDiva Wright. Trina IdoHair Marcia and Anttimo D. Bennett Sr. I love y’all you are great friends. Trina, Johnnie, Cynthia Gonzales Sr. Sara thank you for everything you did. Shadi, Kito & Tony thank you from Josh and I. If I forgot anyone I apologize you are forgotten in my heart. I am so overwhelmed with joy right now.”

I could say so much more but I will be typing all day long.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts