The Engagement: The Final Hours


The Engagement Series is a series of blog posts written before I got married in a very private ceremony on December 13th. They are released daily until they are complete, I hope you enjoy.

December 13, 2012
At 4pm today I will be married to a wonderful man. No longer a fabulous single mother, I will be a fabulous mother and wife. It feels so weird to say that when at one point I felt marriage was a useless waste of time and only a piece of paper. Now I understand the spiritual bond that a man and woman has with God when they become husband and wife.

I am not sure how I feel since so many other things are taking over my mind right now. My hubby-to-be is a little upset that his family told him last night they may not be able to make it. He wants to move forward anyway, it sucks that he won’t have a support system there, but I understand because all of this was pretty quick and had we stayed with a January date people could have been better prepared, including us. Crazy because I didn’t even want a support system and my family invited themselves anyway and I feel blessed to have them there.

I couldn’t even focus in the gym last night because my mind was in a different place. I can’t even figure out why I feel like this. It’s a crazy feeling I’m having.

I did what I could last night so today all I have to do is get dressed and get the kids dressed. Everyone’s clothes have been picked out and Josh ironed everyone's stuff last night.

I’m leaving at 11am instead of noon I won 4 PTO hours yesterday at work so I figured I would use them. I can’t even focus on work today, the thing is I’m not even nervous, I just keep thinking about everything I need to do and hoping our witnesses are there on time or show up for that matter.

Last night before we went to sleep we filmed a quick video on my phone while I was in bed, I will combine it with video of the whole process and post it to my YouTube and this blog. We prayed over our rings and said a prayer for our families and our friends before closing our eyes and faliing asleep.

I looked back at yesterday, it prepared me for who I am today. A whole lifetime ago, a whole lifetime to go.

UPDATE: My hubby's famliy made arrangements to ensure they could be there and they were.

And this is the end of the Engagement Series…

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts