The Engagement: One Day To Go

 
The Engagement Series is a series of blog posts written before I got married in a very private ceremony on December 13th. They are released daily until they are complete, I hope you enjoy.
 
December 12, 2012

It’s the day before we get married and actually I’m pretty calm. I think now that my family knows and the word is out, I’m feeling at ease. But I can’t lie I’m a bit apprehensive about doing it in front of everyone.

Josh and I went closet surfing for my dress last night, what a mess. My closet has been collecting a lot of moisture and a lot of my shoes and jackets had fur (mold) growing on them. I was so mad, good thing it was easy to remove, but I’m going to have to wash my jackets and put some of them in the cleaners. Josh is going to wipe down my shoes for me and I’m going to bag all of them individually before I put them back in there. We are supposed to be having the closet opened up so there’s more circulation going thru there. The mold got into my nostrils and I ended up taking some Benadryl so I didn’t have an allergic reaction.

I wanted to make sure I had everything I am wearing ready for tomorrow so that tonight after the gym I only have to worry about a few things before bed. I am working until noon tomorrow and by the time I get home I will only have two hours to get ready so everything must be on point tonight.

Everyone wants us to have a reception and even though we were against it, we have decided to have one in January, nothing big, just something small at the gathering hall in Seattle. I told Josh since we aren’t putting his favorite color (blue) into the vow renewal wedding that we will use that color for the reception in January. He was happy about that. He wants blue and grey but I told him that was a bit too manly, maybe blue and aqua or something but blue and grey isn’t going to happen.
One thing Josh made perfectly clear is he doesn’t want us to spend a lot of money on this reception and wants to keep it simple, he wants to save all the bells and whistles for our vow renewal wedding, I must say I totally agree.

So tonight we will be filming a video of ourselves discussing how we are feeling about everything the night before our lives change forever. This should be interesting to say the least. We will combine it with an after marriage video as well. I just hope we don’t forget with so much going on tonight.

I’m getting sick so I need to fill up on vitamin C and zinc I can’t be sick tomorrow; that would suck.

Well, that is all for now…

And It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts